Product Content Designer
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Design & Research
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
At Genomics England we’re using technology as an enabler to create better outcomes for our patients participants, researchers, communities. We’re agile, fast-moving, and innovative, and we’re evolving a team that reflects the rich diversity of the communities we serve. If you bring the inquisitive nature and excellent people skills we need, we can offer you the chance to learn new skills and build a career with an organisation that’s merging science and digital to make a difference. You’ll sit at the crossroads between science, technology and user experience. We’ll look to you to root out and clarify user needs with product managers, engineers, bioinformaticians, researchers and designers; talk with and listen to patients, participants, clinicians and researchers in the field, and become an expert in helping deploy genomic testing into the NHS and help our users process the results to make better healthcare decisions. We have lots of ongoing projects currently at different stages, from discovery to alpha, beta and live.
Your role will be to develop human-centric content for our products and services. You will work closely with designers, researchers, marketing, engineers and product managers to shape our user interfaces and product and service interactions by developing the content and copy for the products, including tone of voice for in product text, CTA’s etc.
Ensure consistency and coherence in tone of voice (in line with brand guidelines) for both customer interactions and for development teams who need consistent ways to name sections of code, refer to objects etc. This is a product-focussed, not marketing/comms focussed role. Your north star is being unequivocally user and service focussed, and committed to creating habit forming products and services that customers love.
This is an opportunity for you to utilise your experience in qualitative and qualitative research to product a long term content vision and user experience strategies for our products. You'll combine experience in developing content models and vision, business rules, guidelines and recommendations to present effective content for our products and services, while advocating human centric content, and reviewing and improving existing features on a continuous basis.
Skills and Experience for Success
We anticipate the ideal candidate will have:
- Substantial experience in content creation and management for products and services
- Familiarity with content modelling, information architecture, information design, and UX
- Excellence at creating copy for product-based interaction, interface and communication with the customer.
- Experience with ongoing content recommendations and cross-channel optimization techniques
- Deep understanding of current and future digital trends across all platforms
- Understanding of UX, SEO, and SEM principles and methodologies
- An understanding of user-centred design principles
- A portfolio of projects that show how your content skills have manifested themselves in products, services etc
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, specifically with designers and researchers
- Strong writing and communication skills, nuanced to the needs to the audience and conveys product features and interactions with personality
Undergraduate degree or higher in a related field, such as information or library science, linguistics, journalism, marketing, design or equivalent experience
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the long-term opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.