- 203 N. Genesee Street, Waukegan, IL, United States
The Genesee Theatre is an active and vibrant theatre located in downtown Waukegan, IL. The theatre is a destination for children’s shows, plays, musicals and some of the biggest comedians and musical acts around. The stage, grand lobby and numerous lounges are highly sought after locations for weddings and corporate events. This is your opportunity to help keep the lights and the shows alive at the Historic Genesee Theatre.
The Genesee Theatre has an excellent and immediate opening for Security Personnel at the Genesee Theatre in Waukegan, IL. The Security Personnel is responsible for overseeing all public and private areas of the theatre, including the lobbies, lounges and bar areas, backstage, and the main auditorium. He or she secures the premises by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting the building, equipment, and access points or any areas as assigned. This position monitors all people entering at the backstage entry. The Security Personnel ensures that the experience of each artist and patron is safe.
- Observes patrons entering the venue and reports irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures and restraining trespassers.
- Able to complete reports by recording observations.
- Observes all signs of behavior throughout the events and shows.
- Reports in detail any suspicious incident in a timely manner to the Security Manager.
- Patrol’s property both outdoors and indoors.
- Follows all security procedures and protocols.
- Works with the Waukegan Police Department personnel when needed.
- Secures all exits and doors where assigned.
- Aids people in need and to report incidences to Front of House Supervisor and Security Manager.
- Works closely with Security Manager, Production Manager, and Front of House Supervisor to ensure safety of patrons.
- Knowledgeable regarding Genesee’s safety policies and evacuation procedures.
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- Integrity and professionalism
- Previous experience in a theater setting desired but not required.
- Must always maintain a profession demeanor and image.
- Will follow dress code as determined.
- Works show and event rounds both outside and insides as assigned.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member.
- Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as required by event schedule.
- Functionality includes some moderate lifting and bending, as well as extended periods of standing and walking. Ability to climb stairs is essential.
- CPR and AED training and/or certification is a plus. However, training will be provided by the Genesee Theatre.
- Other duties as needed.
This position is a Part Time / Hourly Pay position with no benefits. Resumes and references may be sent to:
The Genesee Theatre
203 N. Genesee Street
Waukegan, IL. 60085
FAX (847) 406-3156
No phone calls, please.
The Genesee Theatre is and equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D