- 203 N. Genesee Street, Waukegan, Illinois, United States
The Genesee Theatre is an active and vibrant theatre located in downtown Waukegan, IL. The theatre is a destination for children’s shows, plays, musicals and some of the biggest comedians and musical acts around. The stage, grand lobby and numerous lounges are highly sought after locations for weddings and corporate events. This is your opportunity to help keep the lights and the shows alive at the Historic Genesee Theatre.
The Genesee Theatre has an opening for a part-time Facilities Custodian. This is a hands-on position responsible for the cleaning, custodial, and general upkeep of the Genesee Theatre.
This position is a Part Time/Hourly pay.
- Maintain neatness and sanitation in assigned areas at all times.
- Assist with various tasks related to set-ups for events as needed by other departments.
- Work with staff to maintain building readiness for all events.
- Make sure lighting is working in all areas of the theatre.
- Monitor cleaning supplies and notify supervisor of needed items.
- Maintain cleanliness of custodial equipment and storage areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Report any unsafe or hazardous conditions to Supervisor immediately.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years maintenance experience,
- Availability to work evenings and weekends is a must.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical and HVAC a plus.
- Ability to frequently lift, push, and slide items that typically weigh up to 50 lbs and may weigh up to 70 lbs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.