Field Service Technician (Entry Level)
- 300 Main St, Madison, NJ 07940, USA
- Employees can work remotely
It is strongly recommended and encouraged to visit our careers website for more information about the company, mission, vision, and our core values.
GenerationTAG is actively seeking individuals looking for work in the Information Technology and Electronics industries. We have an immediate need for additional dedicated and focused entry-level through experienced professionals to perform field service work to fulfill client and company assignments throughout the year.
Most assignments performed are general entry-level repair/replace type service, but do vary to a broad range of assignment types, based on diversified skill sets, requested tools or equipment, and the scope of work required by client/company.
NOTE: We encourage everyone to apply who have an interest in performing field service work, even if you may not have any current field experience or are not presently comfortable with performing the following service types.
The following is a partial list of service types which may be performed by a Field Service Technician:
- General Electronics - Part/component repair or replacement, setup/install, and general troubleshooting of a variety of consumer/business electronics.
- Desktop PC/Servers - diagnose/repair/replace, software/hardware install, configuration/testing, data backup/migrations, and maintenance/support.
- Printing Equipment - Repair/replace, troubleshoot, setup or install major brands of printers/copiers, and perform routine maintenance or cleaning.
- Appliance Handyman - Repair/replace, troubleshoot, setup or install various consumer brands of televisions, audio/video rack equipment, washers/dryers, and assorted general household kitchen appliances.
- POS/ATM Machine - Repair/replace, install/decommission, or troubleshoot a variety of brands and systems. (ATM assignments require credit checks)
- Networking/Telephony - Generally requires a higher skill set level to include;
- troubleshoot routers/firewalls/switches, build/run various patch cable types, install/setup phone systems/VOIP, and perform POTS/DMARC extensions.
- Compte site conversions and refreshes, in addition to short and long-term projects or assignments. (These are typically in team setting environments)
- Site surveys, insurance damage assessments, 3rd party onsite verification,
equipment onsite removals, and general courier pick-up/drop-off services.
- Security/CCTV Systems - Installations, monitors, DVRs, cameras, alarms, and low-voltage wiring. (This assignment type may require state licensing)
- Basic Mac/Apple/iOS experience - Certifications preferred, but not required.
Professionals in the Information Technology/Electronics industry who possess related expertise in these specialized areas are highly encouraged to apply for this contracted position, however, experience in these areas are not required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
(Exceptions may be made, on a case by case basis, for anyone under 21)
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand the English language fluently. (Bilingual is generally preferred, but not required)
- Must be able to work independently with little to no intervention required by company staff/management. Assignments may require team environments.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance, or 75+ pounds as a team lift with one or more people. (Some team lifts could exceed 150+ lbs.)
- Must be able to successfully pass a 7 to 10-year background history check, a 3 to 10-year motor vehicle records check, and take a 7 to 16-panel drug screening exam, all in accordance with your state’s applicable laws, which may be administered randomly throughout the executed contract period.
- Must have your own vehicle for work purposes.
(Owning a full-size car, SUV, or van is recommended, but not required)
(Vehicle size determines the availability of certain types of assignments)
- Must provide proof of valid auto insurance and work vehicle registration.
(Certain insurance coverage limits may apply)
- Must own a smartphone with an applicable calling, data, and hotspot plan. (Android OS highly recommended)
- Must own a laptop with a Microsoft OS installed (Windows 8 or greater). (Apple MacOS is not allowed)
- Owning general IT-related tools or equipment.
(Industry tools recommended to be awarded additional assignment types)
- Having your own commercial liability insurance policies are recommended, but not required. Commercial policies must be from an A-rated carrier only.
(Compensation based on the Contractor having correct insurance policies and coverage limits required by our clients. Covering the Contractor under our company insurance policies can be provided for an added nominal fee)
Territory Street Address:
The street address provided in this job posting is that of a mail and package facility located within the assigned territory used in conjunction with performing awarded assignments. This is not a company owned or operated business location. Additional mail and package facilities may be located within an assigned territory to expedite the completion of numerous awarded assignments.
Contracted Job Compensation:
~$26,000 (1) to ~$40,000 (2) total estimated compensation annually, plus up to $3,000 or more in commission and client-based opportunities. (3)
- Contracted compensation will vary greatly based several factors,
the largest being the Contractor’s general scheduled availability.
- Compensation range includes Assignment Rate Increases that are generally granted for unexpected expenses, including tolls/parking, up to a set amount per assignment, which is governed per contract.
Contracted Job Compensation Specifications:
Contracted compensation is on a per assignment basis. All compensation figure amounts are dynamic (sliding based scale) and assume that the Contractor will be awarded and successfully complete a minimum of 20 assignments per week. Most assignments range from 10 minutes to 1 hour (average time is 30 minutes). Consequently, should a Contractor be awarded 20 or more assignments weekly, based on their declared availability, their compensation will be significantly higher.
Assignments compensation includes all work-related time, including travel time, and all assignment-related expenses that fall within the expected threshold set by the company (fuel, parking, tolls, etc.) for that particular awarded assignment. Compensation is based on Contractor providing their own commercial liability insurance policies, and is also based on a Contractor remaining in compliance
in process and submission of required documentation, ship off or delivery of parts/equipment to package carriers or designated facilities (when required).
(3) There may be commission-based opportunities should the Contractor wish to participate in product sales programs, as well as some client-based opportunities to generate additional compensation per awarded assignment. (Territory based)
- Estimated annual compensation calculated based upon the “Contracted Job Compensation Specifications” section referenced in this job posting.
- Estimated annual income is calculated based upon the Contractor being awarded and successfully completing a minimum of 30 assignments per week instead of the 20 referenced in the “Contracted Job Compensation Specifications” section contingent on typical Contractor work availability.
- Commission and client-based opportunities may not be available in all territories, and the Contractor may not be awarded those assignments.
Estimated income revenue opportunity based on a best-case scenario.