National Account Managers - Speculative CV's - Office Based
- Uxbridge, United Kingdom
General Mills is among the world’s leading food companies with the mission of Nourishing Lives, through our brands, making our consumers’ lives healthier, easier and richer.
Headquartered in the United States in Minnesota, General Mills, with over $17.8 billion in net sales and more than 41,000 employees worldwide, is the fifth largest food company in the world, marketing a portfolio of dynamic and trusted consumer brands across a wide range of food categories, holding No.1 or No. 2 market positions in virtually every category in which they compete.
Some of our most known global and regional brands are Häagen-Dazs, Old El Paso, Green Giant, Nature Valley, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, in addition to strong local brands such as Knack & Back in Germany, Jus-Rol in the United Kingdom, and Latina in Australia/NZ.
Named One of the Top 100 Companies To Work For by Fortune Magazine, General Mills is also a multi award winning employer across the globe, committed to talent development.
The Europe/Australasia region is the largest business in the International Division and is headquartered in Switzerland. It has an impressive track record of growth and is the fastest growing food company in many of the markets in which it operates.
National Account Manager
Part of the Green Giant, Betty Crocker, NatureValley and NBD sales team, the successful applicant will be responsible for managing the relationship between General Mills UK and key grocery customers to ensure the achievement of the Company’s ambitious sales, share and profit goals for the relevant accounts NPD/NBD will play a key factor in reaching these objectives.
They will also be responsible for implementing and adding value to General Mills UK’s marketing objectives, and actively communicating both product and trade issues to retailers.
- Identify opportunities and develop business strategies with accounts.
- Monitor & evaluate trade spend .
- Use & analyse retail EPOS data to identify opportunities and create compelling arguments.
- Work cross functionally with marketing & supply chain to ensure maximum business effectiveness.
- Support business proposals with understanding of category management.
- Building networks with internal & external functions – marketing, supply chain & admin.
- Supporting business managers in analysis of data, identifying opportunities and developing business strategies.
- Support BAM’s development of C Store Channel.
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Degree calibre or equivalent
- Previous sales experience within FMCG and strong understanding of the UK grocery trade.
- Strong demonstration of negotiation skills
- Displays evidence of classic sales training - ability to understand and demonstrate selling features & benefits - confidence and ability to develop and present compelling sales presentations.
- Strong influencing skills
- Clear thinker with the ability to effectively analyse data and add insight
- Good financial understanding ie; P&L mechanics
- PC Literate
Desired: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of category management process.
- Experience of working in a branded environment
Required: Work Attributes / Qualities
- Results orientated with energy, enthusiasm and “can do” attitude to work in a branded environment.
- Entrepreneurial flair
- Approach work in a planned and prioritised manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build strong relationships with key customer contacts. Ability to listen and respond to customers needs.
- Proactive approach and ability to make things happen quickly
- Lateral thinker / creative yet fully commercial in approach to problem solving
- Honesty & integrity
- Open to and able to challenge.
- Participative team player with ability to help build team cohesion.
- Diligence / hard worker
- Passion for personal growth
What will you get from us?
- We pay competitive salaries and annual bonus
- We have a very flexible, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
- Benefits such as knocking off at 1pm on Friday and staff discount on Latina, Betty Crocker, Old El Paso and Nature Valley
- We will look for ways to help you grow your skill set through cross-functional career opportunities and stretch assignments
- We invest in both your professional and personal development
At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills please click “I'm interested” below.