Supply Chain - Initiatives Manager
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
As Initiatives Manager for our Northern Europe Cluster, you will deliver profitable share growth through ensuring flawless execution of NPD launches & SKU changes and projects that deliver HMM across our E2E Supply Chain. You will also lead co-pack management, with responsibility for project & vendor management.
To meet these objectives, you will lead and coach a team of three.
- Line management responsibilities for two Co-packing and Initiatives planners and one Logistics Development manager.
- Custodian of the market Supply Chain gate process & critical path - ensuring 100% of NPD’s/SKU changes can be launched on time with excellent service and minimal waste.
- Influence GM plants and ESC on MOQ’s and production frequencies.
- Co-pack vendor management
- Developing our co-pack portfolio for business growth.
- Leading Co-pack projects from concept to shelf.
- Accountable for E2E Supply Chain HMM projects.
- Regional Supply Team
- CBU leadership
- Customer Team Inc. Customer Directors
- Logistics Team
- Demand & Fulfilment Team
- EUAU Plant Customer Service teams and logistics leads
- Launch on-time & critical path adherence
- Co-pack & first 6 month NPD Availability
- Co-pack & Logistics HMM
- NPD & co-pack waste
- Degree Caliber
- Proven experience (FMCG) – Supply Planning and Logistics
- Proven project management skills
- Strong systems knowledge – computer literate with a strong analytical capability (Excel & SAP & experience preferred)
Required: Work Attributes/Qualities
- Team management experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills; problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal & influencing skills with ability to constructively challenge.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Performance driven with a Continuous Improvement mind set.
- Proactive approach, working with minimum supervision.
- Collaborative approach to teamwork.
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- 1st Class Training and Development