National Account Manager - Coles
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. We operate in more than 100 countries and market more than 100 consumer brands, including Old El Paso, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley and Betty Crocker. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills celebrated global net sales of US$17.6 billion during the fiscal year.
Due to internal promotion, we are seeking a National Account Manager for our Coles team tasked with managing and driving growth within our leading categories. Bring your commercial understanding, passion for the customer and build on a heritage of strong relationships with buyers to have real, meaningful impact. Create effective & efficient account activity and work closely with the customer to deliver joint business plans, driving category growth and brand share. Promotional planning and execution are vital in this role, as is building profitable business plans.
- Manage the buying relationship, formulate customer plans and strategies to ensure continued growth of the account
- Conduct category reviews ensuring there is regular contact and follow up with category buyers
- Budget and forecast for the account to ensure you achieve both volume and profit targets
- Monitor customer inventory levels to ensure sufficient stock is available against store demands
- Drive strong communication across the field sales and merchandise team
- Build and execute profitable business plans
- Drive promotional planning and execution with excellence
- Build strong working partnerships with all key stakeholders both external and internal
- Achieve set targets whilst also developing new promotional and ranging opportunities
- Contribute to the culture of the great team around you and the wider business with authenticity
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role, you will bring experience as a National Account Manager in FMCG Retail or a seasoned Field Manager looking to take a step up.
You will have:
- Strong commercial acumen with a passion for building long term partnerships
- Demonstrably high-calibre analytical ability with an understanding of category principals
- Ability to develop and deliver complex business planning
- Exceptional negotiation and influencing skills complemented by superior communication skills
- Attitude is everything; illustrate your core capability and drive to make a difference
- Degree qualified in business or related field
What will you get from us?
- A 2020 Certified Great Place to Work; flexible, human-centric culture with a supportive, encouraging team
- Competitive salary, annual bonus and numerous employee benefits
- Collaborative, dedicated cross-functional business partners
- Proactive career advancement & training – we want you to grow with us!
- Work from Home setup support and digital onboarding during Covid19
At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills, please click "I'm interested".
Join General Mills today!