Brands Finance Partner
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Reporting to the Northern Europe Cluster (NEC) Senior Brand Finance Manager, the brand finance partner is responsible for the financial management/oversight of the Category Business Unit, delivering multi-million dollar brand sales & profit targets and shape future strategy for some of our key brands.
- Development of brand annual plan and strategy & delivery across 3 key European markets (UK, Ireland & Germany) for the NEC
- Recommend & execute plan accelerators
- Endorse and implement portfolio optimisation
- Modelling and tracking of Strategic Revenue Management, providing recommendations to the Category Business Unit
- Scrutinise in-year financial & budget management
- Exhibit essential communication skills and crucial financial insights – identifying areas to accelerate opportunities whilst mitigating risk profile
- Implement tracking, action & optimisation of budgets
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership and excellent business partnership skills for the strategy, planning & financial analysis as part of the brand team
- Use financial expertise, utilising a high level of professional judgement
- Collaborate on decisions and recommendations for the brand and channel strategies
- Manage multi-million dollar marketing budget across 3 key European markets (UK, Ireland & Germany) and 4 brands
- Responsible for the analysis of change & insightful commentary for marketing investment across all brands
- Lead business case scenarios to guide marketing investment decisions across the business
- Present innovation key insights and learnings to leadership
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership on innovation items and marketing investment for annual plan process (based on innovation pipeline)
- Partner brand development teams in Switzerland to build new product business models and marketing spend plans
- Business partner with local marketing & sales teams to develop robust, assumption led new product business models
- Responsible for tracking and reporting of all new product development performance vs budget & YOY
- Manage the preparation & delivery of monthly brand results, accurate analysis of change and provide key and actionable commentary
- Develop and build robust, assumption-led delivery of annual plans
- Provide relevant and insightful analysis along with recommendations to the Category Business Unit to improve the quality of decisions and ensure the chosen business options deliver the highest financial value at an acceptable level of risk
- In partnership with the Category Business Unit, responsible for the preparation and presentation of the proposed monthly PEAK brand forecast.
- Pro- active use (and development) of analytical techniques and models to influence business decision making.
- Qualified Accountant Professional and of graduate calibre; minimum 2 yr + post qualified
- Ability to credibly challenge and influence throughout a matrix environment.
- Effective prioritisation and organisation skills
- Clear, concise and influential communicator (both in writing and verbally)
- Ability to engender trust throughout the organisation and GM international
- Previous experience within the Commercial sector and preferably the branded food or FMCG sector
- Ability to critically review and improve business processes
- Proactive and results orientated
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Motivated to add value both within the Finance team and when dealing with the Sales and Marketing functions
- Personal fit with the Company’s culture; passionate, driven by quality and achieving results, high level of integrity, team player
- Eagerness to learn and progress
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- 1st Class Training and Development