Regional Insight Manager
- Uxbridge, UK
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Yoplait, Old El Paso, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.9 billion during fiscal 2019.
This role is part of the regional brand development team for one of General Mills strategic pillar brands and has direct contact with local brand teams in all markets across Europe and Australia, specifically UK, France, Australia. Works directly with the regional marketing and R&D teams to turn compelling consumer insights into strategic growth opportunities.
- Connecting the business to the core consumer needs via our internal food segmentation and consumer first design
- Leverage all data and insight to generate multi-source reporting and insight generation
- Build and implement Insights Reports for brands and categories
- Set up empathy plans for the team leveraging technologies and social intelligence
- Leverage experimentation for advanced product learning
- Ensure the consumer needs are at the heart of all innovation
- Lead the learning for innovation including product, packaging, positioning and competition reviews
- Review of in-market performance of NPD launches
- Support geographic expansion sizing opportunities
Renovation & Value Creation
- Product superiority and continuous improvement
- Ensure product delivery matches consumer expectations at the best possible price
- Increase consumer value and drive company profitability
- Support into Category Vision growth drivers substantiation, channels and geographic expansion
- Always on learning to inform brand communication inclusive of social listening
- Consumer learning on remarkable communication development
- Review of effectiveness of communication activity
- Build productive supplier partnerships to achieve innovative & cost effective solutions
- Leads and develops superior Insights and learning plans across Europe & Australia managing the brand specific regional insight budget
- Influence the local, regional and international marketing, insight and business teams to ensure insights are delivered with impact.
- Liaising with International teams to ensure that insights are shared and to ensure that General Mills “Best Practice” is instilled, particularly Canada and USA
- University degree in marketing and/or business qualification
- 4-6 years' of experience in marketing, insights or research within a branded environment
- Experience at blue chip FMCG organization, ideally (but not essential) with food experience.
- Worked in a Matrix organization and preferably in a global or regional role, ideally balanced with local market experience.
- Able to present with impact and influence senior stakeholders.
- Has consumer empathy, enjoys understanding consumer motivations and is able to provide examples of real consumer insight.
- Technical Expertise: Bring cutting edge tools, harnessing analytic power to develop business moving insights.
- Geographical mobility to enable career advancement.
- Fluency English required with French is a plus.
- Ability accustomed to synthesising, building and credibly telling a story and then taking a stand to deliver this with impact.
- Data Expertise – Ensures data is high quality and gain understanding on how it fits with context as well as reconciles data differences – Understands historical industry and current business trends
- Integrity – Is able to command the respect and trust of colleagues across functions and markets and holds integrity at the heart of their actions.
- Capability development and application: Understands which capabilities are best suited to address business questions – Evolves/maintains existing tool kits.
- Insights and development application: Consistently leverage existing knowledge to gain insights, apply rigor in critical thinking and quantitative/qualitative analysis to draw out trends, issues, opportunities (finds the true meaning in the consumer learning, is discerning).
- Develops Self & Others – Develop insights that are actionable and inspiring for the Business Team in a way that builds confidence of the team and invites productive discussions and collaboration.
- Delivers Outstanding Results – Has a bias for action and is orientated towards achieving results.
- Agility - Has communication, prioritization, decision making and relationship flexibility.
- Influence & Impact - ability to credibly guide internal and external partners (markets and clusters, big or small) into the right direction - links expertise to business strategies resulting in positive business impacts.
What will you get from us?
- Very flexible, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
- Competitive remuneration and annual bonus
- Numerous employee benefits
- Work with a collaborative, supportive and fun team!
- Proactive career advancement & training – we want you to grow with us
At General Mills, our mission & our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills,please click "I'm interested".
Join General Mills today!