Supply Chain Graduate - 2020/2021
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
As a Supply Chain Graduate, you will support our growth and the agility required in our Supply Chain Team, working cross-functionally with the General Mills Supply Chain and Sales functions, and our Customers.
- Build a mid-term forecast in collaboration with the Customer, Demand and Sales teams
- Report shortages, delivery and daily issues on service to customers
- Review customer ordering and ensure conformance to terms of Supply
- Establish and build strong and influential relationships with your supply chain customer at the relevant level
- Support the collaborative End to End agenda with the Customer
- Generate Demand insights in monthly S&OP cycle
- Partner with SRM, Commercial finance, Marketing & Supply planning teams to drive brand growth, secure service and reduce costs
- Display Strategic thinking and drive a rolling cross-functional long range forecast (0-24 months) & NPD forecast. Support the Budget creation
- Support implementation of demand enhancing tools & best practices
- Ensure timely and cost effective of replenishment of stock based on Demand insights and regular catch-ups with our Logistics and Factory teams
- Inventory management - Manage the stock policy & shelf life to ensure service and reduce product waste
- Minimise shortage risks and communicate risks to Sales and Customer Collaboration
- Continuous development of key relationships with manufacturing plants & External Supply Chain partners
Who are we looking for?
- Predicted or achieved degree in a Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Management or closely related degree subject
What will you get from us?
- Competitive package +
- Exposure to working within different areas of Supply chain
- Lots of Free Häagen-Dazs Ice cream & Yoghurt available all day, every day!
- Early Friday finish at 3:00pm
This is a very rewarding role for someone who wants to start their career in Supply Chain and wants to drive and be part of a dynamic global organization.
Start date: Summer 2020
Duration: 12 months FTC