Brand Manager - Dublin
- Dublin, Ireland
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
The incumbent will be responsible for the activation of the Annual Brand Plan to ensure it delivers revenue and profit targets. They will also lead the strategic development of the brand at a local level working closely with marketing team. They will have a key role in maximising the long term equity and profitability of the across a portfolio of Brands, and will be required to work cross functionally on all growth initiatives.
Reporting to the Marketing Lead, the incumbent will assume the following set of key responsibilities:
- Work with Marketing Lead to develop the Annual Category Growth Plans through to execution with a clear focus on Strategic Growth pillars.
- Development and activation of the local consumer connections plan TTL with specific focus on Customer Plans
- Work collaboratively with the Brand Cluster teams to ensure strategic communication platforms and NPD for the brand are aligned to Irish consumer and market dynamics.
- Shopper Marketing Champion: Develop strong relationships with sales function as well as Category to Win with Customers
- Overseeing internal Brand Championship, ensuring that colleagues are passionate to contribute to brand performance and results
- Ability to work with Multiple Brands across various categories and channels
- Lead eCommerce and Digital marketing for Ireland working closely with Cluster team to leverage best practice and align to strategies
- Manage A&CP spend appropriately to maximize business results/ ROI
- Owner of Brand Equity results, ensuring that the brand is progressively finding a place in consumers’ hearts and minds
- Marketing or Business Degree (Post Grad in Marketing an advantage)
- Proven success of brand management in a blue chip, branded FMCG company
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Experience in leading and executing marketing campaigns
- Ability to work across multiple brands
- Good knowledge of the Ireland multiple grocery channels and their associated trading issues
- Management of A&CP budgeting
- Prior success in the management of agency relationships
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence cross-functionally
- Knowledge of panel/continuous data and exposure to a wide range of market research techniques used in building brands
- Commercially savvy with a good understanding of drivers of profitability
- Excellent communication skills; ability to energize teams by conveying compelling vision
- Excellent project management skills, able to plan effectively, time management and the ability to delegate appropriately
- Demonstrated personal accountability for achieving brand business results
- Passionate about consumers : able to provide examples of real consumer insight and uses these insights to develop more effective plans
- Passionate about food marketing
- Is a true brand champion
- Genuine interest in the commercial aspects of the job
- Able to think laterally around problems to create solutions
- Marketing Competencies
- Cultural and Values alignment
- Strong leadership skills
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- 1st Class Training and Development