Transport Coordinator - Capabilities
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
As General Mills continues to position itself to win in a fast-paced, complex marketplace, we must continually assess our capabilities and ways of working. General Mills Europe & Australia Region is investing in building a centre of excellence for Supply Chain in our UK Uxbridge Office that will help us enhance our capabilities across all areas of the region’s supply chain.
The core Regional Team is divided into 4 functions: Customer, Demand, Supply and Physical Logistics. The overall focus of this team is to improve our supply chain capabilities through a program of simplification, standardisation and automation, whilst enhancing the skills and capabilities of the people within those teams across the region to deliver better performance and business benefits.
Support the regional Physical Logistics team to bring a step change in transport planning and execution including but not limited to:
- Process mapping current environment to support standardization and optimization opportunities across plants and markets
- Support regional COE community, developing tools and processes in support of transport management across the region
- Support regional transport pilots for differential capabilities such as track and trace.
- With support of our Reporting and Analytics team, design and implement reporting capabilities across the region to drive enhanced visibility and decision making capability.
- Support regional programme for import/export management to ensure alignment with Global Trade team capabilities and process and identify standardization opportunities in the region
- Drive HMM delivery through Primary Transport led initiatives incl Load Fill Efficiency
For all programs, bring together the right people to facilitate all activities (diagnosis, design, implementation plan, decision making).
For all programs, use appropriate tools and internal resources in terms of project management.
- 3+ years supply chain experience, including transportation and global trade
- FMCG/CPG experience preferred but not essential
- SAP ECC and AFO/BW experienced
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Project Management
- Able to work across borders and cultures
- Broad Perspective
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Learning Agility
Delivers Outstanding Results:
- Delivers on short and long-term commitments
- Adds value with superior expertise
Energizes and Develops People:
- Inspires and leads others
- Collaborates across boundaries
- Develops people, organizations and self
- Values diversity
- This role will require some International Travel in Europe
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with strong supply chain experience and a good understanding of the full end to end supply chain, who is looking to broaden their scope and be involved in shaping the structure and processes of the business going forward.
They will need to demonstrate a curiosity and drive to understand and improve current processes, including the ability to analyse large data sets and draw conclusions as well as being able to engage and influence at all levels of a very diverse business base.
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- 1st Class Training and Development