Customer Logistics Coordinator
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Yoplait, Old El Paso, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.9 billion during fiscal 2019.
Reporting into the Logistics Manager,the role is responsible for providing excellence in end-to-end service and is a key contact point for customers, Customer Account Managers and 3PL Providers for service related queries.
Understanding what is important to the customer and developing an intimate understanding of customer supply chains will be critical for this role. The Customer Logistics Coordinator will champion the customer's needs internally to ensure optimum on time delivery performance, while proactively communicating internally & externally any issues which may impact service.
There will be a strong Continuous Improvement focus for this role with an opportunity to explore, develop and implement improvement activities in the end to end supply chain. As General Mills explores growth opportunities, there is a requirement to provide logistics support to special events and new business with scope for creative problem solving and event management. There will also be a requirement for occasional interstate travel to provide annual leave coverage for the General Mills Vendor Replenishment Planner.
- assisting in the smooth operation of receiving customer orders,
- processing returns,
- communicating order requirements with 3PLs,
- investigating service failures
- coordinating reporting activities.
- Experience in an FMCG supply chain environment
- Experience with 3PL providers is essential with demonstrated skills in analysis and driving improved business outcomes.
- The ability to work effectively in a collaborative cross functional team is essential
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Highly skilled in data analysis, presentation and reporting, strong excel is a must
- Strong analytical skills - problem solving skills and reasoning/analytical skills are required
- Time management/prioritisation
- Constructive communicator with a solution mindset approach
- SAP experience preferred
What will you get from us?
- Very flexible, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
- Competitive salary,annual bonus and numerous employee benefits
- Work with a collaborative, supportive and fun team!
- Proactive career advancement & training – we want you to grow with us
At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. We have recently been accredited as a “Great Place to Work”.
If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talent with the outstanding people of General Mills,please click "I'm interested".