Brand Experience Manager, Old El Paso
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
General Mills is seeking a Brand Experience Planner to join our Old El Paso team! Mexican cuisine is loved by everyone because of its unique ability to connect family and friends over an irresistibly tasty meal. And here at Old el Paso, we’re on a mission to inspire & provoke the kind of good noise that happens when people truly connect.
By joining our team on one of the region’s largest established brands, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage and hone your expertise in specific brand experience knowledge areas (media, incentives), as well as collaborate on culturally relevant ideas to create demand for our products and support Old el Paso’s runway for growth.
In this role you will get exposure to external partners and internal experts, build your media and incentives knowledge areas, and sharpen your executional brilliance competence. You will also strengthen your project management and external partner management experiences as you lead the day-to-day relationship with our media agency to develop strategic and relevant media plans.
We are looking for someone who understands insights and can translate that into brand building work. This individual understands and is up-to-date with trends, culture, and should be curious about the changing media landscape and how best to approach it. And ideally you should LOVE tacos and fajitas as much as us …who doesn’t?!
- Develop powerful through-the-line activation briefing to both internal & external partners and anchor planning into a strong understanding of the consumer and his/her path to purchase
- Amplify the campaign idea and central connections strategy through the development and execution of a stellar cluster activation plan, which takes into account paid, owned & earned media
- Collaborate with fellow Old El Paso Brand Experience team members (both centrally in the Region and with specific areas of expertise e.g. production, media consultants) for fully-orchestrated experience plan
- Foster strong relationships with partners by delivering clear direction and honest feedback
- Demonstrate executional excellence against Brand Experience strategies and projects, with a specific focus on media & incentives touchpoints
- Manage elements around key media, experiential and PR partnerships
- Ensure brand experience plan goes all the way to point of purchase, taking into account traditional stores and e-commerce
- Oversee and manage daily planning and execution needs with both internal and external partners
- Work with the wider team to inspire internal and external brand passion & belief
- Lead coordination of asset needs across many different media partners/channels
- Set clear KPIs, track & optimise plans based on performance
- Manage respective budgets
- Support planning in the executional of all communications, partnerships and experiential campaigns
- Be a champion & guardian of the Old El Paso purpose & equity
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or Business
- 3-5 years of experience in media strategy/planning
- 3+ years of experience in successful partner management (internal & external/agency)
- Good understanding of holistic communication planning & measurement
- Proven track record of executional brilliance
- Learning Mindset – exhibits curiosity and desire to build expertise
- Demonstration of leadership and mentoring skills
- Knowledge or experience with E-commerce
- Collaborative nature – Win as a Team mindset
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- 1st Class Training and Development