- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
The incumbent will be responsible for the development and activation of the annual Category Growth Plan in the UK and ensuring this plan delivers revenue and profit targets.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the incumbent will assume the following set of key responsibilities:
- Support the SBM to develop & execute the Category Growth Plan in order to deliver revenue & profit targets
- Plan and lead activation of the NPD & Renovation pipeline including preparation of business cases
- Support the development & planning of above the line and below the line consumer communications and media (especially Digital)
- Management of the execution of other aspects of the Marketing Mix – PR, social, experiential, online, promotion and shopper
- Develop strong relationships with Customer Directors/ BAMs/SRM within sales function as well as Shopper & Trade Marketing team & Strategic Category Management
- Champions local brand champion and actively builds consumer connections
- Deliver tailored brand activation across all priority trading channels, including Convenience & E-Commerce
- Control of A&CP and making expenditure and procurement decisions appropriate to maximize business results/ROI
- Tracking and analysing brand performance using financial and external data sources
- Owner of Brand Equity results, ensuring that the brand is progressively finding a place in consumers’ hearts and minds
- Collaborate with key agencies (Media, PR, digital, shopper) to deploy the brand connections strategy and plan through creative execution
- Building and managing ongoing retailer relationships and leverage shopper insights to deliver plans that maximise impact with retailer shoppers.
- Develop customer specific shopper marketing plans and be the continuous voice of shopper for GM brands.
- Graduate (minimum 2:1) plus a marketing and/or business qualification
- Proven success of brand management in a blue chip, branded FMCG company
- Experience of launching NPD into market
- Experience working with insights and data in order to diagnose performance drivers and translate insights into marketing plans
- Experience of working in a global organisation, in a matrix environment, and able to demonstrate networking and influencing across a region
- Experience of building commercial business cases; able to navigate a basic P&L
- Experience in leading and developing marketing communication strategy and execution including social, owned and paid channels. Digital experience essential.
- In-depth knowledge of the UK multiple grocery channels and their associated trading issues
- Prior success in the management of agency relationships
- Management of A&CP budgeting
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence cross-functionally
- Commercially savvy with an good understanding of drivers of profitability
- Excellent communication skills; ability to energize teams by conveying compelling vision
- Excellent project management skills, able to plan effectively, time management and the ability to delegate appropriately
- Demonstrated personal accountability for achieving brand business results
- Passionate about consumers : able to provide examples of real consumer insight and uses these insights to develop more effective plans
- Passionate about food: Is a foodie themselves who enjoys cooking/baking preparation
- Is a true brand champion
- Genuine interest in the commercial aspects of the job
- Able to think laterally around problems to create solutions
- Personal fit with the Company's culture & values
- Collaborative approach in work, feeling comfortable working with a variety of teams
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to drive projects to completion
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- 1st Class Training and Development