Sourcing Direct Materials Specialist - Australia
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
As part of the dynamic Europe Australia Regional Sourcing team,the AU Direct Sourcing Leader is responsible for Direct Materials (Raw & Pack) in Australia.
He/She will :
- Develop/execute category plans, Value creation plan (Savings, Cost avoidance, Working Capital improvement, Innovation, Risk Management plan) for direct materials.
- Create effective cross-functional linkages (close relation with R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain) to achieve category strategy alignment, execution of the plan and provide recommendations to the markets regarding pricing decisions based on current and forecast raw and pack materials movements.
- Lead projects in order to drive Margin improvement/Cost reduction, continuous improvement and innovation within the region on his categories.
- Develop, in coordination with EUAU Regional Sourcing Leaders, strategies including Supplier management, Risk Management, Suppliers selection to ensure all suppliers meet General Mills cost, quality and service expectations.
- Responsible for the activation and execution of the category strategies and cost saving plan on Direct Materials
- Manage locally the commercial sourcing and overall supplier relationship management including partnership plans, HMM & NPD plans for key direct categories (in alignment the Regional Sourcing Leaders)
- Lead local tenders, supplier negotiations and contracts
- Support regional tender initiatives
- Pro-actively define with Regional Sourcing Leaders Risk Management Strategy for his/her direct materials
- Understand local raw/pack materials costs drivers, communicate risks/opportunities to the business
- Ensure Local (Australia) Market Intelligence on the categories (Markets, products, trends…) and anticipate market fluctuations
- Responsible to build pipeline of initiatives (HHM, innovation, …)
- Develop and deliver 5% HHM initiatives and pro-actively support new products plans in close relation with R&D, Marketing, and the different production sites
- Create meaningful linkages locally with ITQ, OGS, Plants and Marketing to ensure effective category strategy alignment.
- Ensure all dealings with suppliers are conducted with ethics and integrity and comply with General Mills corporate guidelines.
- Ensure all reporting of financial results meet GM requirements and work Finance to ensure transparency of numbers.
- Responsible for the communication locally on behalf of the Regional Team
- Support ESC initiatives
- University degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or equivalent.
- 3 - 7 years’ experience in a strategic sourcing or procurement environment.
- Previous procurement experience with direct spend categories across packaging commodities, food ingredients
- Preferred FMCG environment
- Fluent English required
- Exposure to various sourcing courses including supplier management, negotiation & influencing
- Exposure to Food, FMCG industries preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of strategic sourcing methodology & ability to lead supplier negotiations, contracts and manage change processes cross-functionally and with external suppliers.
- Proven ability to connect economic trends with business needs and marketplace opportunities.
- Demonstrated track record of productivity savings.
- Understanding of quality systems, preferably HACCP & GMP
- Computer literacy in ERP systems (preferably SAP) and Microsoft Office (excel)
- Proven track record of strong collaboration skills across distance and cultural difference
What will you get from us?
- Very flexible, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
- Competitive remuneration and annual bonus
- Numerous employee benefits such as finishing at 1pm every Friday!
- Work with a collaborative, supportive and fun team!
- Proactive career advancement & training – we want you to grow with us
At General Mills, our mission & our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills,please click "I'm interested".