Head of Category and Strategic Revenue Management
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Yoplait, Old El Paso, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.9 billion during fiscal 2019.
Reporting to the Sales Director, this role is responsible for developing and delivering the commercial category growth strategies for all brands. This requires strong leadership and the ability to bring together category management (in the form of local Category and PoP Visions, growth drivers, external annual sell-in presentations, trade frameworks & range prioritisation) and strategic revenue plans (Cost, Promo, Mix and PPA initiatives) that will enable General Mills to win in an increasingly competitive FMCG environment.
This role will develop strong external-facing strategic category and revenue management plans to ensure category thinking is at the heart of our planning and that we are delivering the right category tools to the business to enable our brands to win at the point of purchase.
The role also includes the management and development of 5 Category Managers/Analysts and 3 Strategic revenue/category analysts. It is imperative these plans are built in partnership with the account and marketing teams to ensure successful planning and execution.
Specific areas of ownership will include annual planning for sales, pricing & promotional strategy, NPD commerciality, channel / account planning process, the leadership and facilitation of cross functional range review plans.
This is a challenging role that requires outstanding leadership and influencing skills across a broad spectrum of stakeholders, which is pivotal to our business success.
- Key member of the Australian sales leadership team, accountable for developing team members, both within their own team and the wider sales team;
- Strategic revenue management including pricing strategy; development of brand pricing architecture, and manage defensible customer pricing;
- Promotional strategy development; centered around robust commercial, consumer and category insight to deliver financial KPI’s for both General Mills and retail partners
- Mix Management; determine customer roles, track Compete brands vs targets, opportunity/risk measures identified & action plans determined
- Category execution including NPD commerciality; shopper strategies to support marketing colleagues to commercialize brand activation and innovation that is both retail and shopper ready
- Leadership of the Category/Account Managers through the PEAK cycle and ownership of the GPS forum
- This individual and team members will play critical roles across all CBUs;
- Ability to distil information from multiple data sources, deliver clear insights and convert these into actionable plans.
- University degree
- At least 5 years in FMCG/Retail with experience in Sales, Strategic Revenue Management, Category, Marketing or Finance.
- Very strong leadership skills with proven ability to lead innovation and challenge and deliver change in a matrix organization
- Experience in Category Strategy Development, Strategic Revenue Management and Business Planning
- Expertise in Customer and Category
- Strong commercial acumen and financial skills
- Critical thinker with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and oral communication skills
- Excellent influencing skills with proven ability to develop relationships and influence internally & externally
- Strong insight skills and track record of turning insight into action
- Experience of delivering outstanding results
- Effective collaboration across market and functional boundaries.
- Participative team player with an action-focused mindset with proven ability to deliver through others
- Ambitious,relishes challenges,proactive and willing to go the extra mile
- Self-motivated with an ability to stimulate an agenda
- Entrepreneurial flair with strong creative ability and a robust outlook
What will you get from us?
- Very flexible, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
- Competitive remuneration,annual bonus and numerous employee benefits
- Work with a collaborative, supportive and fun team!
- Proactive career advancement & training – we want you to grow with us
At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills,please click "I'm interested".