HR & Recruitment Internship (12 Months)
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Join our Human Resources team at General Mills! An opportunity to learn what happens day to day within a fast paced FMCG environment with a fantastic culture. Working alongside a team of experienced colleagues that can develop your knowledge of the full employee lifecycle including recruitment, onboarding, talent management, learning and development, business partnering, compensation and benefits and much more!
The HR function is going through a period of transformation so there will be great opportunities to get involved and gain invaluable experience for your future career.
The role will largely involve supporting the Talent Acquisition Associate on the recruitment and selection process and onboarding of new hires. There may be a number of other projects that you can support which will vary based on the volume of recruitment.
- Recruitment; hiring coordination, liaising with direct candidates, managers and 3rd parties. Support with the selection process including candidate assessments. Completion of offer packs.
- Systems; Use of our online recruitment tool and providing support for recruiting managers.
- Onboarding; Support with onboarding administration and communication for new hires and their managers.
- Communication; Support the Talent Acquisition Associate and HRBP’s with social media and online promotion of the General Mills employer brand.
- Insights and recommendations; Support with key people metrics and establishing meaningful insights and recommendations for action with the Talent Acquisition Associate and HRBP’s
- Projects; Opportunity to get involved in adhoc projects planned for F19 including HR and Talent Acquisition Transformation
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum Basic level of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Project experience, able to plan effectively and deliver on time
- Adept communicator, professional maturity
- Ability to work with data to analyse, evaluate and identify themes / recommendations
- HR Management Studies or Business with an interest in HR
- Desire to be hands on and work in a fast-paced, consumer focused environment
- Fast learner and focus on continual self development
- A passion for challenging the status quo
- Able to work with ambiguity; flexibly minded to offer new ideas
- Ability to collaborate and influence others
- Demonstrates personal accountability for delivering
- Cultural and values alignment
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- 1st Class Training and Development
- Gym Onsite