Customer Category Manager
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
The Customer Category Manager is the lead customer facing role in enabling GM’s ability to win in store through setting and delivering of allocated Customer(s) specific range, distribution and space targets. As such this role plays a crucial role in the delivery of topline (NSV) performance for the NEC Cluster.
In order to achieve these targets, this role will develop & deliver clear Customer Category Activation roadmap for a defined GM Category. The Customer Category Activation plans will be take the direction set from the Category Strategy Manager lead and utilise the tools provided to influence externally to deliver strategic Category growth for General Mills and our Customers.
1) Activate the local Category Strategy in allocated Customers
- Own the Shopper Insight agenda
- Through leveraging all available data, develop a clear understanding of allocated Category & Customer shopper insights.
- Expert in customer specific knowledge, DunnHumby / Nectar/ Retail Link etc
- Be the lead on sharing this Category & Shopper knowledge internally to help support the Category Strategy Manager and Sales & Marketing teams in order to shape future strategy
- Develop customer relationships in order to work towards achieving collaborative Category Business plans
- Utilise the Category Strategy and POP Vision to develop and own Customer centric account specific plans
- Sell in this plan to customers through annual Customer, Category & Brand Plan process, as well as in ongoing customer meetings
- Track ongoing customer progress against the drivers.
- Key influencers in range and merchandising recommendations in order to gain disproportionate influence for GMUK brand
- Be the first point of contact for the customer relating to any category specific questions on performance, opportunities etc.
Own Category Execution
- Working with the Category Strategy Manager, through BLUE, identify and deliver against key range, distribution and space opportunities for General Mills
- Develop a clear plan on how to unlock these opportunities, identifying and influencing what internal support is required in order to be successful.
- Track and report on progress to targets
- Act as an ‘early warning radar’ through ongoing key metrics analysis/monitoring
- Experience (1-3yrs) in Category Management and Shopper Insights
- Strong commercial acumen ideally through direct experience in Sales or Marketing.
- Proven ability to lead, challenge and deliver change in a matrix organisation
- Self-motivated with an ability to stimulate an agenda
- Action-focused mindset with proven ability to deliver through others
- Collaborates effectively across market and functional boundaries.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent story-telling skills, which include a clear call to actio
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- 1st Class Training and Development