Regional Marketing Internship (6-months)/International Program- Europe and Australia
- Nyon, Switzerland
Making Food People Love
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.9 billion during fiscal 2019.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Location: Various (Switzerland, France, UK, Australia)
Program Start Date: June 1st – July 1st, 2020
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2020
Are you a smart, savvy future Marketing Leader, looking for an international career with a leading FMCG Food Company? Are you able to quickly grasp business opportunities and solve problems, excited by a fast-paced global environment, able to communicate with clarity and lead/influence others across different geographies? Then, this program, a career with General Mills is for you!
At General Mills, brand building is the focal point from which all decisions are made. Our internship program is a combination of projects with real business impact and day-to-day work that will allow you to make an immediate impact on our brands and help build our business worldwide. An internship could be the start of a rewarding international career in Brand Management with General Mills. To maximize your learning and prepare you for increasing responsibility, we believe that you will benefit from different experiences across General Mills. We value employee development and are committed to promoting from within our next generation of senior executives. You may have an internship in brand management at the country or regional level. Your manager will share an assignment plan with you and will help you with day to day coaching and support.
An internship with General Mills will provide you with a great opportunity to:
- Acquire a broad view of GMI to understand your career fit.
- Build marketing skills and competencies, including business analysis, creativity, teamwork and strategic leadership.
- Understand day-to-day functional responsibilities such as deliveries analysis & communications development.
- Develop strong working relationships within the marketing community and across functional groups.
- Receive professional development and training.
- Develop a Brand Strategy: Analyze business and consumer trends, identify key issues facing your business and build and execute innovative marketing plans.
- Team Leadership: Lead cross-functional teams in the development and execution of marketing plan strategies – including advertising, product development, packaging, trade and consumer promotions, and business operation of your brand.
- Innovation: Identify new, innovative ideas to drive brand growth. Develop new product ideas and strategies. Create high-impact promotions, advertising, packaging, sales or operational innovation.
- Goal Setting and Financial Management: Set annual volume, profit and share objectives and manage your business to deliver them.
To qualify for an internship with General Mills, you must:
- Be a University student interested and passionate about a career in Brand Management; Focus or specialization in Marketing a plus
- Prior internship/work experience in Marketing, Consumer Research, Sales or related field
- Good Project Management experience
- Demonstrate your leadership ability and teamwork
- Be able to think creatively with strategic insight
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be fluent in English (other languages French, Spanish) a plus
- Be eligible to do an internship for 6-months (Gap year or Master 2 students)
- Able to obtain a work permit for the internship, plus a potential full-time placement in (Switzerland, UK, France or Australia) after graduation
- Be prepared for an international career, starting from your internship!
HOW TO APPLY: If you are looking for an internship starting June/ July 2020, Submit your online application (CV and Cover Letter) by January 15th , 2020, for consideration.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.