Brand Advocacy Brand Manager GBT
- Uxbridge, UK
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Yoplait, Old El Paso, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.9 billion during fiscal 2019.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and creative digital marketer to make a real impact in a global role, leading the global digital strategy and transformation for one of the world’s most loved food brands.
In this key role, you will lead the global digital strategy for Haagen-Dazs. You will play a lead role in the digital transformation and acceleration of the brand, by designing and implementing overall digital strategy, focussing especially on social media, campaign planning and content strategy. You will partner with the local, regional and global teams to build best in class digital plans, to deliver the business and marketing objectives.
Applicants will need to demonstrate previous experience within a digital-focussed marketing role and have around 5 years’ experience. You will have excellent communication and influencing skills and be a real team player. This role will be perfect for a highly motivated, results driven individual who, has a “go get” attitude, continues to strive for better and is looking to join an exciting and dynamic team.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Social Media and Advocacy
- Global social media strategy lead, including defining content calendar, pillars, overall strategy across key channels such as Instagram, Facebook, WeChat and Weibo
- Key connector between regions and markets: sharing best practice, sharing content, helping with optimisation
- Design and execute on advocacy programs for HD at scale, including designing and implementing a global Influencer strategy
- Understand the needs for local influencer and advocacy programs, support those and drive scale to all HD key markets
Digital Innovation and Transformation Lead
- Be the voice of “modern marketing” within the global brand team– understanding the future trends in digital that we need to get ahead of, and sharing best practice and inspiration
- Drive digital transformation across global team – including in trials in local markets, as well as global opportunities
- Assist the global shops teams with digital transformation
- Be the brand lead for the global HD website
E-Commerce and Shops Support
- Be the global e-commerce expert for HD brand team, understanding best practice in Asia that can be reapplied to Europe, and how to support each region
- Assist the global shops teams with e-commerce initiatives, including supporting local trials and driving scale
- Support the global Masterbrand team in digital strategies that touch upon brand partnerships, CSR and design work
- Strategic and qualified in digital media, able to set the direction for HD globally and brand teams around the world
- 3-5 years plus experience, minimum – Ideally a mix of client or agency
- English speaker with competent to fluent Mandarin, with working knowledge of Chinese social media platforms
- Specific experience in digital : manage organic and paid social posting, familiar with a multitude of social channels (European and Asian), ran social channels for brands before, as well as running influencer/advocacy programs
- Collaborative and confident, able to work with teams across different markets and cultures
- Driven: a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who can make things happen, influence people and deliver on executions
- Curious, inquisitive, willing to learn and drive our digital transformation
- An experience on driving e-commerce is a plus
What will you get from us?
- Very flexible, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
- Competitive salary,annual bonus and numerous employee benefits
- Work with a collaborative, supportive and fun team!
- Proactive career advancement & training – we want you to grow with us
At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills,please click "I'm interested".
Note: This post will be live from December 16th,2019 to January 14th,2020