Senior SAP Analyst – Finance and Governance
- Uxbridge, UK
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Yoplait, Old El Paso, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.9 billion during fiscal 2019.
The SAP Financial Analyst, as part of the Global GBS Finance and Governance team, is responsible for planning, executing and supporting the General Mills Finance and Controlling Solutions. Work involves early engagement/discovery, project execution and SAP and other system support.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Opportunity identification (Technology, Process, People).
- As a stretch goal engage early on discovery and planning of parts of the FI project portfolio.
- Be an expert and consult on business processes and technology
- Inform on new trends and technologies for functional area
- Identify and implement technical/process/people solutions which increase business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify and prioritise opportunities with key business stakeholders
- Analyse business requirements, plan and complete assigned projects, in partnership with business users
- Ensure effective management of assigned tasks/ projects
- Manage relationships with business, external suppliers of software, technical support and other services to achieve objectives.
- Engage cross-functional teams as needed to ensure effective implementation of solutions.
Provide support for the existing SAP Financial and Controlling systems used by GMI.
- Diagnose problems and restore service promptly to SAP users.
- Work with system users, other members of the IS Department, software vendors, and service providers to resolve problems and prevent recurrence.
Business Process Transformation
- Work cross functionally to drive organizational efficiency & effectiveness
- Graduate or graduate calibre.
- Excellent business process and functional knowledge in Finance and Reporting areas.
- Configuration experience in SAP FI, CO, PA, and Product Costing Modules
- SAP implementation and support experience in multiple projects, including international implementations or rollouts.
- Good knowledge of integration points with other SAP modules and processes.
- Appreciation of overall SAP software architecture.
- Demonstrated project management of small to medium size projects, able to mentor others on project management techniques.
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials to employees at all levels.
- VIM, Treasury, Product costing and Concur knowledge would be an advantage
- Previous experience in working with a Financial Shared Services partner/centre
- Excellent communication, leadership and influencing skills
Required: Work Attributes/Qualities
- Learning Agility - Shows comfort with evolving role and responsibilities.
- Displays ability to lead in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrates curiosity and continuous learning to expand and build on skillsets
- Demonstrates an ability to partner with the business and design technical solutions in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrates an ability to overcome challenges and achieve desired results.
- Employs an analytical, methodical, logical approach to problem solving, employing innovative approaches to business and technical challenges.
- Displays a structured and self-disciplined approach to working - able to work on own initiative.
- Can work under pressure and tight deadlines, with ability to prioritize conflicting activities.
- Has the flexibility to adjust working hours to liaise with team members, peers and colleagues in other parts of the world.
- Exhibits sound business judgment and sees developing strong business and technical relationships as a key to success.
- Industry-relevant business experience in the Pharmaceutical, Food and Drink, or other Consumer Products Industry
- Competence in a second language; Proficiency in Spanish would be useful to support our LASA and European businesses. Exposure to BW and SEM
- Knowledge and understanding of international taxation and trading models.
- Accounting qualifications
- Experience working in a multi-national, multi-lingual, multi-cultural business environment
What will you get from us?
- Very flexible, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
- Competitive remuneration and annual bonus
- Numerous employee benefits such as finishing at 3pm every Friday!
- Work with a collaborative, supportive and fun team!
- Proactive career advancement & training – we want you to grow with us
At General Mills, our mission & our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills,please click "I'm interested".