Consumer Insight/ Shopper Insights Associate Manager
- Uxbridge, UK
Making Food People Love
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.8 billion during fiscal 2019.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
The Consumer Insights/ Shopper Insights Associate Manager will be the champions of consumer/shopper insight in the EUAU region. These roles will be the driving force behind landing a Consumer First/ Shopper Channel approach within General Mills, combining local understanding within a regional framework.
- The Consumer Insights /Shopper Insights Associate Manager will
- Provide Consumer Insight support to the local business and/or drive growth for GMI key categories from channel expansion.
- Cover the breadth of CI, across all the key brands and categories that General Mills operates in. It will be important to interact regularly across all parts of the CI team, both with the category teams but also the Omni-channel and Predictive Analytics teams.
- Require the adoption and building of different skills and capabilities, helping to develop a well-rounded and impactful individual.
- Graduate in marketing, business or related field
- 3-5+ years’ experience in Marketing, Insights or Research within a branded environment
- Experience at an FMCG organization, ideally (but not essential) with food experience.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research techniques across multiple platforms eg branding, shopper research, communications, product and packaging research.
- Ability to influence in a cross-functional and virtual environment and translate a significant amount of data and observations into actionable insights for business teams and ultimately influence our customers.
- Operate and influence effectively in a matric organization across regional and local stakeholders and multiple business functions
- Has consumer empathy, enjoys understanding consumer motivations and can provide examples of real consumer insight.
- Able to present with impact and influence senior stakeholders
- Strong ability to work autonomously
- A high degree of resourcefulness & ability to manage ambiguity
- Fostered and developed key relationships (eg. with agencies)
- Listens and responds to internal and external needs and the ability to constructively challenge.
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Strategic thinking that can balance long term planning with the short -term needs of the business
- Business commercial awareness & appreciation
- Willingness & ability to travel when the business requires
- Accustomed to synthesising, building and credibly telling a story and then delivering this with impact.
- Data Expertise – Ensures data is high quality and gain understanding on how it fits with context as well as reconciles data differences. Understands historical industry and current business trends
- Integrity – Is able to command the respect and trust of colleagues across functions and markets and holds integrity at the heart of their actions.
- Capability development and application: Understands which capabilities are best suited to address business questions – Evolves/maintains existing tool kits.
- Insights and development application: Consistently leverage existing knowledge to gain insights, apply rigor in critical thinking and quantitative/qualitative analysis to draw out trends, issues, opportunities (finds the true meaning in the consumer learning, is discerning).
- Develops Self & Others – Develop insights that are actionable and inspiring for the Business Team in a way that builds confidence of the team and invites productive discussions and collaboration.
- Delivers Outstanding Results – Has a bias for action and is orientated towards achieving results.
- Agility - Has communication, prioritization, decision making and relationship flexibility.
- Influence & Impact - ability to credibly guide internal and external partners (markets and clusters, big or small) into the right direction - links expertise to business strategies resulting in positive business impacts.
At General Mills, our mission & our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills,please click "I'm interested".