Application Developer III
- Uxbridge, UK
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Yoplait, Old El Paso, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.9 billion during fiscal 2019.
We are looking for a Developer to join the SAP Global Development team.
As a developer, you will
- Help support SAP development needs for projects across multiple functional areas in support of Business Segment and Functional priorities
- Design and implement applications leveraging multiple SAP technologies
- Collaborate with SAP Practice teams (Basis/Integration/Security) and SD (Analyst) teams to support and maintain existing applications
- Participate and assist with ongoing stewardship duties like SAP change control/Code Reviews
What you will receive in the role
- Work with leading technologies from SAP and the latest integration/middleware capabilities
- Ability to work on large scale global implementations as well as smaller, faster innovative challenges
- On-going training and development in SAP and the latest delivery techniques
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as technical resource on SAP projects and support
- Collaborate with SAP analysts to refine technical specifications and design comprehensive solutions for business requirements
- Provide ABAP efforts estimation for development Work.
- Provide solutions to improve upon or resolve problems with SAP software applications.
- Design, develop, test and implement custom transactions, interfaces, reports, and user exits using the full range of the SAP tool set - ABAP, Web Dynpro, SAP Web UI, Workflow, Portals, PI, web services.
- Collaborate with other SAP Practice teams (Basis, Security) on development needs
- Actively support SAP development team initiatives
- 4-5 years – SAP Development experience
- Cross Functional Development experience on projects
- Application Design/Integration Development with other SAP/Non-SAP Products or 3rd Party tools
- Demonstrated aptitude in development skills – Data Dictionary, ABAP, Performance tuning, Object oriented programming, Data Migration, Interfaces and enhancements
- Hands on experience in SAP Application Development
- ABAP development experience in at least one SAP Functional area / business suite system – ERP, CRM, APO, TM
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
What will you get from us?
- Very flexible, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
- Competitive remuneration and annual bonus
- Numerous employee benefits such as finishing at 1pm every Friday!
- Work with a collaborative, supportive and fun team!
- Proactive career advancement & training – we want you to grow with us
At General Mills, our mission & our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills,please click "I'm interested".