Senior Brand Manager
- Uxbridge, UK
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Yoplait, Old El Paso, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.9 billion during fiscal 2019.
The role of Senior Brand Manager is a fantastic opportunity for a marketer to stretch their strategic and commercial capabilities, taking full P&L responsibility for the business.
The incumbent will be responsible for the strategic development, planning and activation of the Category Growth Plan and ensuring this plan delivers revenue and profit targets. Operating at a local level, they will be help lead the overall strategy with the goal of maximising the long term equity and brand profitability. They will be required to provide appropriate leadership to the wider business, working cross-functionally on all growth initiatives.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Marketing Manager the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Work with MM to develop the vision and lead execution of the UK Category Plan.
- Developing winning consumer and shopper first strategies and tactics that drive Brand & Category performance to achieve the annual plan.
- Responsible for management of the P&L including leading monthly analysis of sales, spend and profit (against plan) and assuming full responsibility for management and forecasting of the brand A&CP budget.
- Lead the CBU through the monthly PEAK cycle in order to diagnose business performance and recommend course corrective action.
- Developing strong working relationships with the RBU and acting as the UK lead to ensure strategic communication platforms and NPD are aligned to the UK brand vision and strategies.
- Building Brand Equity; ensuring marketing activities build equity ensuring the Brand has a place in consumers’ hearts and that colleagues are passionate to contribute to brand results.
- Responsibility for development of the brand connections strategy and plan including leading relationships with key agencies (media, PR, and digital) ensuring key projects are delivered to the brand standard and positive inter-and intra-agency team development.
- Working with the sales teams to define optimum growth channels for the brand (especially Out of Home and E-Commerce).
- Directing and coaching the wider marketing team (including BM and ABM) to ensure key projects are delivered on time and against key metrics.
- Graduate caliber (minimum 2:1) with proven marketing success in a consumer branded company.
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with regional & internal teams
- Strong analytical experience, ability to use data to develop business strategies
- Prior experience in all aspects of brand management. Prior experience and proven success in managing external agency relationships.
- Six years+ brand marketing experience with at least three years in FMCG.
- Experience in developing through the line connection plans, including media, PR, digital and social.
- In-depth knowledge of the UK multiple grocery channels and their associated trading issues
- Management of P&Ls and A&CP budgeting.
- Knowledge of panel/continuous data and exposure to a wide range of market research techniques used in building brands
Candidate’s Required Skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence cross-functionally
- Ability to develop strategies which produce step-change business results
- Passionate about consumers and understanding of brands and the need for emotional connection with consumers
- Able to work with ambiguity; flexibly minded to offer innovative solutions
- Commercially savvy with an good understanding of drivers of profitability
- Excellent communication skills; ability to energize teams by conveying compelling vision
- Excellent project management skills, able to plan effectively, time management and the ability to delegate appropriately
- Marketing competencies
- Leadership expectations
- Demonstrated personal accountability for achieving brand business results
- Passion for food: able to provide examples of real consumer insight and uses these insights to develop effective plans.
- Ability to energize and develop people
- Is a true brand champion
- Tenacious in their ability to deliver projects on time.
- Cultural and values alignment
What will you get from us?
- Very flexible, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
- Competitive remuneration and annual bonus
- Numerous employee benefits such as finishing at 1pm every Friday!
- Work with a collaborative, supportive and fun team!
- Proactive career advancement & training – we want you to grow with us
At General Mills, our mission & our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills,please click "I'm interested".