Finance Graduate, Future Leader Programme - Summer 2020
- Uxbridge, UK
We are a company inspired by purpose: we serve the world by making food people love. Every day we make this love real through our brands, our culture and the way we treat the world. Our brands—like Cheerios, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Häagen-Dazs and Cascadian Farm, to name a few—are adored in more than 100 countries on six continents. Our global team of 42,000 brings passion and creativity to work with them every day. And our devotion to community and planet drives the way we give back and do business. When inspiring purpose meets solid strategy, big things happen.
A 2-year graduate programme designed to prepare Finance Future Leaders by giving them the skills development and challenge to prepare them for business leadership roles at the end of the programme. You will also undertake a programme of study for a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA or ACCA). This position is part of the Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) where Finance professionals will develop their skillset and add value to the business through various rotations into different arms of the Finance function in General Mills.
From building solid technical skills and great accounting foundations in the Financial Control team, to being in the FP&A team where you will enhance your reporting expertise whilst being truly commercially focused. At the end of this programme you will have the right balance of experience and enhancement of skillset to be a strong finance professional and effective business partner.
For the duration of the programme, your line manager will review and appraise your performance, providing feedback and coaching to ensure your successful career and personal growth. You will be assigned a buddy and career sponsor/mentor who will be your support throughout the programme.
This position will provide business support and partnership in delivering multi-million dollar brand sales & profit targets and shape future strategy across a growing and diverse portfolio of industry leading iconic brands. The Finance Graduate will work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders within finance as well as the wider commercial teams (Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, etc).
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership and excellent business partnership skills for the strategy, planning & financial analysis of business units, whilst working alongside wider commercial teams.
- Execute Cluster month end close process; Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of management reporting and financial insights.
- Manage P&L movements through monthly forecast cycle, whilst interrogating assumptions and working with business units to recommend risks and opportunities to delivery of annual plan.
- Develop and build robust, assumption-led annual plans, working collaboratively with a variety of functions across the business.
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations and involvement in the annual Audit process.
- Provide relevant and insightful analysis along with recommendations to the Leadership Team to improve the quality of decisions and ensure the chosen business options deliver the highest financial value at an acceptable level of risk.
- Proactively develop reports, tools and insights to suit the requirements of stakeholders and drive/influence business decision making.
- Minimum 2.1 or equivalent degree (we accept all disciplines)
- Prior experience working in FMCG, retail or supplier environment an advantage
- Ambitious and keen learner
- Experience of delivering results through working in cross-functional teams
- Very Strong analytical skills with a strong commercial mindset (business partner mindset)
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Self-driven with proven entrepreneurial mind-set
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Modelling, Pivots, Slicers, Index, Match, Lookups) and PowerPoint
- SAP ERP, SAP CRM, BW Systems experience an advantage
What’s in it for you?
- Sponsored professional accountancy qualification (CIMA or ACCA).
- Competitive package
- Exposure to working within different areas of supply chain to help accelerate your career
- Plenty of foodie freebies – Lots of Free Häagen-Dazs Ice cream & Yoplait Yogurt available all day, every day!
- Early Friday finish at 3:00pm