Financial Controller (UK & Ireland)
- Uxbridge, UK
Making Food People Love
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.9 billion during fiscal 2019.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Reporting to: Finance Director, Northern Europ
An excellent opportunity to join a global FMCG business and lead the Accounting & Controls Team for the UK & Ireland. Operating in a dynamic environment, this role calls for an individual with a high degree of agility and a track record of building high performing teams. As a member of the Northern Europe Finance Leadership Team, you will have the opportunity to develop and grow and may lead to future international career opportunities. Key deliverables include implementation of global and regional Accounting and Control initiatives, adherence to global policies, best practice sharing, statutory accounting, process optimization and team leadership for accounting, tax and credit management.
- Ensure the integrity of financial results through maintaining a strong control environment and effective/efficient processes.
- Lead Control Self Assessment and Internal Audit activities. Identify weaknesses/gaps and implement solutions.
- Timely completion of statutory accounts, tax and other regulatory reporting, fulfilling all external requirements.
- Oversee UK/Irish tax compliance including corporation/VAT reporting and coordination of tax enquiries
- Optimise and develop processes to improve efficiency, automation and quality of financial information.
- Leadership of working capital & administrative expenses. Interrogate results and identify risks/opportunities.
- Oversee payroll process for ~300 employees.
- Coach, develop and inspire a high performing team.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5+ years Post Qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Prior experience in FMCG an advantage
- Familiarity with UK and US GAAP
- Statutory Account completion and audit/controls experience
- Experience leading and coaching team(s)
- Self-starter who is proactive and results orientated
- Clear and concise communication (written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP ERP an advantage
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.