Channel Insights Manager
- Uxbridge, UK
Making Food People Love
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.8 billion during fiscal 2019.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
The Manager will lead the development of Channel & Shopper Insights for the Europe & Australia region to unlock differential growth for the organisation; part of the regional team responsible for driving differentiated growth for General Mills International. In the role, you will help improve the ability for General Mills to win across channels by focusing on emerging in-store behaviour, shopper missions and channel dynamics. from channel expansion. You will operate and influence effectively in a matrixed organization across regional and local stakeholders and multiple business functions to translate data and observations into actionable insights for business teams and ultimately influence our customers.
- Understand the omnichannel nature of food shopping and the impact on mainstream shopping habits to ultimately provide thought leadership in strategy development and local market execution.
- Partner with regional and local category teams to embed the shopper in channel strategies and category visions to unlock growth.
- Ensure data and insight sources are fit for purpose with a high ROI by fully utilizing existing data sources and champion any new requirements as appropriate.
- Develop annual learning plans across channels and market insight needs to help identify channel opportunities for expansion.
- Partner with the Snack Bars, Ice Cream, Yogurt and Mexican Meals business teams to drive differential growth for these platforms.
- Build Shopper Insights capabilities and partner with global GCI team members to leverage and share best practices across EUAU.
- Graduate calibre with strong commercial and business acumen
- Accumulated experience in insights or category within a branded environment, understanding shopper insights methodologies and techniques
- Experience at Consumer Research and/or FMCG organization, ideally (but not essential) with food experience.
- Willingness & ability to travel when the business requires: (average 1 time quarterly)
- Able to present with impact and influence senior stakeholders.
- Has strong shopper empathy via: Ssopper analytics, understanding shopper motivations/drivers and qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Fostered and developed internal and external relationships.
- Knowledge of foreign languages (i.e. French) a plus
Ability accustomed to synthesizing, building and credibly telling a story and then taking a stand to deliver this with impact.
- Data Expertise – Ensures data is high quality and gain understanding on how it fits with context as well as reconciles data differences – Understands historical industry and current business trends
- Integrity – Is able to command the respect and trust of colleagues across functions and markets and holds integrity at the heart of their actions.
- Capability development and application: Understands which capabilities are best suited to address business questions – Evolves/maintains existing tool kits.
- Insights and development application: Consistently leverage existing knowledge to gain insights, apply rigor in critical thinking and quantitative/qualitative analysis to draw out trends, issues, opportunities (finds the true meaning in the consumer learning, is discerning).
- Develops Self & Others – Develop insights that are actionable and inspiring for the Business Team in a way that builds confidence of the team and invites productive discussions and collaboration.
- Delivers Outstanding Results – Has a bias for action and is orientated towards achieving results.
- Agility - Has communication, prioritization, decision making and relationship flexibility.
- Influence & Impact - ability to credibly guide internal and external partners (markets and clusters, big or small) into the right direction - links expertise to business strategies resulting in positive business impacts.
At General Mills, our mission & our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills,please click "I'm interested".