Key Account Manager - Discounters
- Uxbridge, UK
We are a company inspired by purpose: we serve the world by making food people love. Every day we make this love real through our brands, our culture and the way we treat the world. Our brands—like Cheerios, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Häagen-Dazs and Cascadian Farm, to name a few—are adored in more than 100 countries on six continents. Our global team of 42,000 brings passion and creativity to work with them every day. And our devotion to community and planet drives the way we give back and do business. When inspiring purpose meets solid strategy, big things happen.
The successful candidate will be part of Discounters Team responsible for managing the relationship between General Mills UK and a key regional & national accounts through a contact strategy that includes Head Office, Regional, company owned and primary end users to ensure the achievement of the Company’s sales, share and profit goals for the relevant accounts
This demanding role will require drive, ambition and enthusiasm, combined with a high level of technical skills such as networking, selling, negotiation, forecasting and commercial awareness. As a key aspect of this role will be daily interaction with other functions within the business, applicants will need to demonstrate success in working as part of a cross functional team.
- In conjunction with the line manager prepare and deliver a Customer business development plan for nominated accounts
- To be involved in category management initiatives within customer to secure competitive advantage for GMUK brands.
- Implement agreed promotional plan within defined trade investment budgets.
- Evaluate promotional effectiveness to ensure the most efficient use of promotional expenditure.
- Work with customers to develop category plans which achieve mutually agreed objectives.
- Achieve specific distribution objectives by account for existing and new products.
- Provide the business with accurate rolling monthly sales forecasts.
- Deliver and rationalize an accurate monthly demand plan
- Involved in specific project work as directed by Line Manager
- Develops contact strategy enabling engagement at the most senior levels within the customer
- Identifies new business opportunities and make recommendations to secure them
- Graduate caliber (minimum 2:1) with proven marketing success in a consumer branded company.
- Previous account management experience within a branded FMCG business.
- Strong understanding of UK Discount Retail market.
- Understands the application of Category management principles.
- Confidence and ability to create/present compelling sales presentations.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills.
- Proven Communication skills.
- Proven track record of success within an account management role.
- PC Literate: experience as user on Excel & PowerPoint.
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- Life Assurance
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym onsite
- 1st Class Training and Development