Key Account Manager - Discounters
- Uxbridge, UK
We are a company inspired by purpose: we serve the world by making food people love. Every day we make this love real through our brands, our culture and the way we treat the world. Our brands—like Cheerios, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Häagen-Dazs and Cascadian Farm, to name a few—are adored in more than 100 countries on six continents. Our global team of 42,000 brings passion and creativity to work with them every day. And our devotion to community and planet drives the way we give back and do business. When inspiring purpose meets solid strategy, big things happen.
The successful candidate will be part of Discounters Team responsible for managing the relationship between General Mills UK and a key regional & national accounts through a contact strategy that includes Head Office, Regional, company owned and primary end users to ensure the achievement of the Company’s sales, share and profit goals for the relevant accounts
This demanding role will require drive, ambition and enthusiasm, combined with a high level of technical skills such as networking, selling, negotiation, forecasting and commercial awareness.
As a key aspect of this role will be daily interaction with other functions within the business, applicants will need to demonstrate success in working as part of a cross functional team.
- In conjunction with the line manager prepare and deliver a Customer business development plan for nominated accounts
- To be involved in category management initiatives within customer to secure competitive advantage for GMUK brands.
- Implement agreed promotional plan within defined trade investment budgets.
- Evaluate promotional effectiveness to ensure the most efficient use of promotional expenditure.
- Work with customers to develop category plans which achieve mutually agreed objectives.
- Achieve specific distribution objectives by account for existing and new products.
- Provide the business with accurate rolling monthly sales forecasts.
- Deliver and rationalize an accurate monthly demand plan
- Involved in specific project work as directed by Line Manager
- Develops contact strategy enabling engagement at the most senior levels within the customer
- Identifies new business opportunities and make recommendations to secure them
- Graduate caliber (minimum 2:1) with proven marketing success in a consumer branded company.
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with regional and internal teams
- Strong analytical experience, ability to use data to develop business strategies
- Prior experience in all aspects of brand management.
- Prior experience and proven success in managing external agency relationships.
- Six years+ brand marketing experience with at least three years in FMCG.
- Experience in developing through the line connection plans, including media, PR, digital and social.
- In-depth knowledge of the UK multiple grocery channels and their associated trading issues
- Management of P&Ls and A&CP budgeting.
- Knowledge of panel/continuous data and exposure to a wide range of market research techniques used in building brands
Candidate’s required skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence cross-functionally
- Ability to develop strategies which produce step-change business results
- Passionate about consumers and understanding of brands and the need for emotional connection with consumers
- Able to work with ambiguity; flexibly minded to offer innovative solutions
- Commercially savvy with an good understanding of drivers of profitability
- Excellent communication skills; ability to energize teams by conveying compelling vision
- Excellent project management skills, able to plan effectively, time management and the ability to delegate appropriately
- Marketing competencies
- Leadership expectations
- Demonstrated personal accountability for achieving brand business results
- Passion for food: able to provide examples of real consumer insight and uses these insights to develop effective plans.
- Ability to energize and develop people
- Is a true brand champion
- Tenacious in their ability to deliver projects on time.
- Cultural and values alignment
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- Life Assurance
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym onsite
- 1st Class Training and Development