Capability Lead - Customer Service
- Uxbridge, UK
We are a company inspired by purpose: we serve the world by making food people love. Every day we make this love real through our brands, our culture and the way we treat the world. Our brands—like Cheerios, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Häagen-Dazs and Cascadian Farm, to name a few—are adored in more than 100 countries on six continents. Our global team of 42,000 brings passion and creativity to work with them every day. And our devotion to community and planet drives the way we give back and do business. When inspiring purpose meets solid strategy, big things happen.
As General Mills continues to position itself to win in a fast-paced, complex marketplace, we must continually assess our capabilities and ways of working. General Mills Europe & Australia Region is investing in building a centre of excellence for Supply Chain in our UK Uxbridge Office that will help us enhance our capabilities across all areas of the region’s supply chain.
The core Regional Team is divided into 4 functions: Customer, Demand, Supply and Physical Logistics. The overall focus of this team is to improve our supply chain capabilities through a program of simplification, standardisation and automation, whilst enhancing the skills and capabilities of the people within those teams across the region to deliver better performance and business benefits.
Within the Customer workstream the vision is to create strong customer teams to help drive business performance by taking our people from transactional data tasks to value add customer relationship management through systems automation, actionable information availability and capabilities development. The 3 pillars to support this are linked to driving operational efficiency, improved reporting for better visibility of information, and training and development of the teams.
Role & Responsibilities
This is a newly created role within the regional team, designed to support the Regional Service & Customer Development Lead in delivering against the key objectives.
- Supporting current projects as well as taking ownership on certain topics to deliver them either within specific markets or across the entire region as required.
- Managing the full Order to Cash process as well as associated reporting metrics and training and development requirements.
- Building strong working relationships within this network, including different cultures and ways of working, will be a key enabler to achieve their objectives
- Projects may include, but are not limited to: SAP development work, service reporting analysis and development, new OTC process design and implementation, automation of systems and processes, development of design for future state integration with planned system improvements in supply chain, collaboration with sales on reporting and ways of working, training development and delivery, creation of tools for management and monitoring of performance, service improvement initiatives.
- You will also take ownership of developing the e-commerce capabilities for supply chain across the region as this area of business grows.
- 5+ years supply chain experience, ideally in more than 1 function
- FMCG/CPG experience preferred but not essential
- Good overall understanding of full end to end supply chain
- SAP experience and OCT process knowledge
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Project Management
- Creative problem solving
- Resilience to overcome obstacles and find solutions
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Influencing skills
- Adaptable to change
- Commercial understanding, experience beneficial but not essential
- This role will require some International Travel
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with strong supply chain experience and a good understanding of the full end to end supply chain, who is looking to broaden their scope and be involved in shaping the structure and processes of the business going forward.
You will need to demonstrate a curiosity and drive to understand and improve current processes, including the ability to analyse large data sets and draw conclusions as well as being able to engage and influence at all levels of a very diverse business base.
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- Life Assurance
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym onsite
- 1st Class Training and Development