Global Sourcing Director,External Supply Chain(ESC)
- Nyon, Switzerland
Making Food People Love
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.8 billion during fiscal 2019.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
The Global Sourcing Director, External Supply Chain (ESC), is responsible for overseeing the development, ongoing maintenance, and execution of our global category strategies including Holistic Margin Management (HMM) for the pillar with a spend of USD1.2 billion. You will create and foster long-term relationships with key partners and stakeholders to ensure business needs are reflected in the category strategy. With your team, two Global Managers, you will provide leadership and strategic oversight to the regional category teams on the creation of their plans to ensure compliance with the global category strategies and HMM targets.
Global Sourcing Leadership
- Lead a team of 2 global managers
- Accountable for ensuring all Global Category performance metrics are met or exceeded and those regions have robust plans to deliver on Global category commitments as applicable.
- Provide strategic guidance and mentorship to Global category leads in the tactical, operational and strategic planning and execution of their respective categories at a global level.
- Approve Global Category leader HMM targets and partner closely with them on the development of targets.
- Oversee compliance of category teams to category strategies and HMM fulfilments within domain of spend. Ensure all contracts meet General Mills commercial, audit and risk requirements at contract signing and for the life of the contract.
- Manage enduring relationships internally and externally to accomplish Sourcing business requirements
- Oversee short-term and long-term global category strategies and business plans, including budgets
- Effectively engage key stakeholders in the plants & markets to support them in managing their costs and optimizing their spend.
- Develop global sourcing strategies to meet business needs and create effective cross functional linkages through the education & implementation of standard processes, systems, and capabilities.
- Manage the commercial, sourcing and overall supplier relationship management including HMM and Sourcing Strategy plans for key spend categories under management.
Management & Organizational Development
- Provide strategic leadership to team members across all global locations to leverage worldwide supplier relationships and buying synergies
- Develop an effective global category team
- University Degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, Business, or related field
- 15+ years of work experience within a Supply Chain Management or Procurement/Sourcing; ideal with exposure to the Commercial areas
- Deep procurement experience, can balance the demands of global versus local strategies and develop vendor strategies
- Sourcing experience within the Food and Beverage industry preferred
- Experience managing and working globally with a variety of stakeholders with differing needs and agendas
- Bring a global, externally focused perspective to the business. Actively seek opportunities to differentiate General Mills through Supply Chain strategies.
- Strong commercial skills in order to drive sourcing and demand management strategies across a broad array of categories
- Strong ability to align efforts and influence across multiple stakeholders
- Strong Supply Chain breadth and depth to drive business results
- Strong Risk Management skills
- Experience developing and leading people within a dynamic organization
- Demonstrated high learning and cultural agility in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency English required with other languages (Spanish, French, etc.) a plus, with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
At General Mills, our mission & our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills,please click "I'm interested".