Category and Activation Manager
- Madrid, Spain
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better.
Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Old El Paso, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best talent, offer them great development, trust and support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
We are looking for a passionate Category a Activation Manager who, base in our Madrid office and reporting directly to the Category & Strategic Revenue Manager, will be responsible of creating and executing the category plan for Iberia: category, brand, promotional, sales fundamentals and Net Revenue Management plans on the brand.
- Develop and execute Activation Marketing plans that includes all marketing mix elements: innovation, communication, promotional strategy, distribution and merchandising for all channels
- Track Category/Brand performance and create correction plans if needed
- Grow sales fundamentals
- Lead the Joint Business Plans process and be the category vision ambassador internally and externally
- Work closely with sales to execute all brand plans in all channels: assortment, promo, strategy, range reviews…
- Drive team culture of in-depth customer understanding leading to excellence in execution, including New Product launches and launch preparation
- Champion the understanding & importance of ‘category’, ‘consumer·, ‘shopper’ and ‘point of purchase’ through the organization
- Lead Pricing project: including Trade efficiency and Net revenue Management plans
- Control Budget
- Universtiy Degree
- Preferred Level: MBA or other graduate degree
- 5 years of Category, Sales or Marketing experience in FMCG
- Fluency in English required
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office
Competencies / Skills
- Passion and resilience
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills, and execution focused
- Results oriented