Supply Planning - Capabilities
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
As General Mills continues to position itself to win in a fast-paced, complex marketplace, we must continually assess our capabilities and ways of working. We recognize the need to build capabilities across our Logistics and Supply & Demand planning network in EUAU to improve how we orchestrate and execute across our functional areas.
General Mills is investing in building a center of excellence of Supply Chain in our Uxbridge Office that will help us enhance our capabilities in supply & planning and physical logistics for EUAU
The center of excellence for Supply in the General Mills Uxbridge will be accountable to:
Scale our capability initiatives
Simplify and standardize processes, or eliminate processes when necessary
Create a foundation for successful launch and learns
Integrate our resources and capabilities into an enhanced regional team to accelerate our progress and results.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven supply chain professional to be a part of a transformational Supply Chain Centre of excellence- that will shape the future of how General Mills continues to serve the world by making food people love.
In this role you will:
· Support the regional logistics team to bring a step change in supply planning capability including but not limited to:
o Process mapping of current environment to support standardization and optimization opportunities across plants and markets – e.g. External supply chain (ESC) planning, initiatives planning, capacity planning etc.
o Support process standardization project (D’Artagnan) phase 2 work with the current center of excellence community, developing tools and process to support inventory planning optimization and capacity planning.
o Support inventory waste (DDF) workstream bringing insights and analytics to support and accelerate Current holistic margin management workstream and expand to raw and packaging materials in plants.
· For all programs, bring together the right people to facilitate all activities (diagnosis, design, implementation plan, decision making)
· For all programs, use appropriate tools and internal resources in terms of project management
· For all programs, track and articulate the impact onto key performing indicators
Minimum Degree Requirements:
Preferred Major Area of Study:
Supply Chain & Logistics
Required Professional Certifications:
Required Language Knowledge:
Preferred Language knowledge:
French/Spanish (desirable but not essential)
Minimum years of related experience required:
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
· Functional experience, including solid understanding of E2E supply chain operational processes
· Data & analytical skills
· Project management including process ownership and optimization
· High level of systems literacy (e.g. SAP, planning systems OMP+)
Competencies/Behaviours required for job
· Adaptation in changing environment
· Continuous improvement mindset
· Strong communication and influencing skills
· Leadership skills
· Action and results oriented