- Mount Waverley VIC 3149, Australia
General Mills is a global food manufacturer, marketing some of the world's leading consumer brands in more than 100 countries and employing over 33,000 people globally. Our brand portfolio includes market leading brands such as Old El Paso Mexican foods, Betty Crocker baking mixes, Nature Valley muesli bars and Haagen Dazs premium ice cream.
The Category team plays an increasingly important role in driving business growth. The vision is to be a best in class category team driving strategic thought leadership within General Mills and with our retail partners to deliver long term growth. As our retail and competitive environment continues to change our business needs in this area are critical for future success.
The Category Management team enables the business to make informed decisions based on a clear understanding of the vision for the category, including growth drivers and shopper insights to unlock and accelerate growth.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager with high level strategic thinking & strong leadership skills to continue to evolve the category strategy and embed the principles across functions internally ; ensuring we are building initiatives internally & externally that are aligned to the prioritised growth drivers.
- Deliver 3 year commercial category strategy both internally & externally to our customers
- Develop category strategy, growth drivers & key issues/opportunities
- Develop & implement the category Point of Purchase Vision (Range, Shelf, Visibility & Price/Promotions)
- Lead customer category strategy sessions
- Lead the range review process
- Deliver ranging, distribution & shelf targets
- Conduct post range review analysis & reporting
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and strategic support to the CBU
- Participation & category leadership in NPD teams (incorporating NPD launches, performance tracking and post-launch review)
- Lead category inputs for SP budget through range & shelf targets
- Identify category issues & opportunities and implications for GM brand portfolio/strategy
- Strong strategic agility and capability to execute
- Strong influencing skills across functions
- Strong analytical capability
- Results orientated
- Strong leadership capability
- Pro-active & demonstrates initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Solid Category Management experience, preferably in FMCG role or blue chip organisation
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in Windows and Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong Nielsen Homescan & Scan data capabilities
- Very flexible, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
- Competitive remuneration and annual bonus
- Numerous employee benefits such as finishing at 1pm every Friday!
- Work with a collaborative, supportive and fun team!
- Proactive career advancement & training – we want you to grow with us
- Parking on site
If you are seeking a new challenge in a great business where you are enabled to succeed and rewarded for it too, apply online today.