Customer (sales) Sector Controller - Dublin
- Dublin, Ireland
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
The role will be pivotal part of the Ireland Grocery Business growth agenda, responsible for managing the relationship between General Mills and key retail partners throughout the specific Sector
The incumbent will be able to demonstrate strong leadership and strategy development and commercial planning. The individual will be able to balance both long and short terms objectives with drive, ambition and enthusiasm, combined with a high level of technical skills such as selling, negotiation, and commercial awareness.
Key aspect of this role will be daily interaction with other functions within the business; applicants will need to demonstrate success in working as part of and leading cross functional teams.
This inspirational leader will responsible for recruitment, development and succession planning for both the immediate team but also as platform to develop future sales leaders.
Roles and Responsibilities
•Developing winning long terms convenience strategies 3-5 years
•Translates strategy into short terms tactics 1-2 years
•Influencing key stakeholders to devise channel specific product solution to unlock growth.
•Prepare and deliver a Customer specific business development plan for the sector
•Create a CRM process for the team
•Provide the business with accurate rolling monthly sales forecasts, Responsible for monthly forecasting, across sector reporting against STC, NS and GM targets
• Work with all key customers to develop category plans which achieve
mutually agreed objectives.
• Identify specific distribution opportunities for existing products and deliver
against targets for new products.
• Deliver agreed business commitments within the sector through the direct &
in direct management of a team
• Attend & participate in monthly Sales & Operation Planning meetings as
• Coach and Develop a winning team
• Set objectives for direct reports and monitor via quarterly performance
• Creation and implementation of individual development plans by team
member, identifying both strengths and development needs
• Creation of career succession and development plans for team using the
• Leads monthly team meeting
• Work on strategic projects when required
•Lead category / shopper management initiatives within sector to secure competitive advantage for GMUK brands.
• Develops and implements promotional strategy/ plan in conjunction with
Customer marketing supporting delivery of sector strategies
• Evaluates promotional effectiveness to ensure the most efficient use of
promotional expenditure, use the prescribed evaluation tools and
Skills & Qualifications
• Previous sector leadership experience within a branded FMCG business.
• Strong understanding & experience of Irish grocery trade.
• Confidence and ability to develop and present compelling sales
• PC Literate:
• Exceptional sales and negotiation skills.
• Experience of managing results through others.
• Experience of working in cross-functional teams.
• Exposure and / or involvement with trade / consumer marketing.
• Strong networking skills a necessity.
• Impact and presence
• Drive and confidence, relishes challenges, robust out look
• Resilience, drive & results orientation