Temporary Accounting Manager, 12-month Contract
- Nyon, Switzerland
Making Food People Love
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.8 billion during fiscal 2019.
Note: This is a 12-month Contract, starting October 1st, 2019
In a temporary accounting manager role with General Mills, you’ll have the opportunity to lead, influence and achieve with one of the world’s most recognized companies and while working with some of the world’s most popular brands. This 12-month role focuses on accounting, financial reporting and internal controls across the Europe and Australia geographic region.
Accounting Close Management:
- Regional coordination of month-end close process including issue resolution and liaison with the group consolidation US based team.
- Supervise region HQ administrative cost tracking and give direction on issue resolution
- Review balance sheet fluctuations, provide accounting judgement, give direction on issue resolution.
- Apply judgement to non-routine accounting transactions with decision authority to approve or reject.
- Coordinate the external auditor’s audit process
- Execute regional level SOX key controls
- Coordinate internal controls monitoring across the region: report and ensure deficiency remediation.
- Lead internal controls improvement projects
- Prepare group internal controls review (quarterly)
- Assist region financial controller in internal audit preparation
- Control the US GAAP to local statutory reconciliations with decision authority to approve or reject (annually)
- Coordinate region working capital forecast, analyze input, communicate drivers to corporate
- Report working capital results to senior executive in an actionable manner.
- Engage on specific structural actions in partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Drive improvement through review and sharing of challenges with the regional controllers' team.
- Region finance business partner for purchase to pay related initiatives
- Approve invoices (thresholds based)
- Prepare and submit swiss entity book profit forecast (bi-monthly)
- Act as business lead for certain automation projects
- University degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of US GAAP required with US CPA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience with progressive career growth in finance, with a multinational company in the global or regional headquarters and/or market
- Ability to partner, influence and advise business partners on financial matters
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and results oriented
- Effective leadership and collaboration skills
- Able to work well under time pressure and multitask
- Passionate, high integrity, team player, strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent PC skills: high-level competence with Excel spreadsheet applications, SAP, Business Warehouse.
- Language: Excellent command of English is mandatory, proficiency in French is a plus.
At General Mills, our mission & our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills,please click "I'm interested".