Category Strategy Manager
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
The Category Strategy Manager is responsible for developing & delivering the category strategy (in the form of local Category Visions, Growth drivers, PoP visions, external annual sell-in presentations, Trade Frameworks & Range Prioritisation) that will enable General Mills to win in an increasingly competitive FMCG environment.
The CSM will be a core part of the Cluster business unit (CBU) & work closely with the Regional business unit (RBU) to ensure category thinking is at the heart of our planning & that we are delivering the right category tools to the business to enable our brands to win at the point of purchase.
- In particular the CSM will work closely with the SRM function to develop strong external-facing strategic revenue management plans
- The ability to distil information from multiple data sources, deliver clear insights & convert those into actionable plans is critical to this role.
- As a Key member of the CBU & Category team the CSM will be a leader and role model for the business
- The role also includes the management & development of 2 Customer Category Managers (CCMs).
- Extensive experience (5-10yrs) in Category Management
- Experience (2-3yrs) in Category Strategy development
- Line management experience
- Strong commercial acumen through direct experience in Sales or Marketing.
- Proven ability to lead, challenge and deliver change in a matrix organization
- Track record of turning insight into action
- Self-motivated with an ability to stimulate an agenda
- Action-focused mindset with proven ability to deliver through others
- Collaborates effectively across market and functional boundaries.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with proven ability to develop relationships & influence internally & externally
- Excellent story-telling skills
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- Life Assurance
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym onsite
- 1st Class Training and Development