- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2018 global net sales of US $15.7 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Roles & Responsibilities
The role of Tax Accountant is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant and evolving Finance function that is greatly valued across the business. This position will provide VAT accounting and statutory compliance, support the transfer price based tax models of General Mills and Yoplait in the UK, Ireland and Sweden. Internal tax reporting to the European and Global tax teams will be an integral part of the role. The Tax Accountant will work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders within finance as well as the wider commercial teams (Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, etc).
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Responsibility for the review, sign off and submission of VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales lists for the UK, Ireland, Sweden and Norway as required.
- Coordination with global shared service centre team for posting VAT payment journals, completing BS reconciliations, arranging payments, supervising the clearing down of the accounts in SAP in a timely manner etc.
- Providing definitive advice on the VAT code for new products/SKUs.
- Quarterly SOX control reviews and supporting the accounting team with any external and internal audit requirements. Periodic testing of SAP.
- Collation of information to assist Advisors with the preparation of tax returns.
- Prepare commission tables with your understanding of corporation tax and the company’s transfer price based tax model.
- Assisting with quarterly and annual tax forecasting and reporting, statutory compliance and disclosures.
- Develop and maintain robust controls, and process documentation.
- Proactively seeking areas to improve and streamline processes.
- Assisting with ad-hoc queries from Head Office as appropriate.
- Part qualified Professional a distinct advantage, and of graduate calibre
- At least two years VAT experience in the tax department
- Accounting experience e.g. ledger reconciliations
- Prior experience working in FMCG, retail or supplier environment an advantage
- A working appreciation of transfer pricing
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivots, Index, Match, Lookups)
- SAP ERP, SAP CRM, BW, HFM Systems experience an advantage
- Ambitious and keen learner, desire to learn and advance in corporation tax
- Experience of delivering results and department efficiencies
- Experience of working in a multi-site environment
- Demonstrate learning agility
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Self-driven and proactive with proven entrepreneurial mind-set
- Attention to detail, excellent organisational skills
This role offers the opportunity to work within a challenging fast moving environment. The individual will be offered and expected to take on a high level of responsibility and will develop first class tax knowledge and skills.