Supply Planning Manager
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
As Supply Planning Manager for our Northern Europe Cluster (NEC), you will deliver profitable share growth for our brands by ensuring product is always available, whilst minimizing cost and waste. You will ensure all Supply Planning activities are completed for our brands for UK, Ireland & Germany across 3 temperature states (Frozen, Chilled & Ambient) and lead improvement initiatives that help us balance availability & cost and improve capabilities.
To meet these objectives, you will be play an important role on our Supply Chain Leadership team and lead a team of six.
•Replenishment strategies – Segmentation / Service considerations
•NEC Inventory strategies
•NEC Waste management / Governance
•Regional Supply Review attendance and feedback to local markets
•Liaising with the Initiatives team on NPD launches
•External Supply Chain – Direct connect to co-manufacturing plants serving UK&I exclusively and Regional ESC
•Managing 6 Brand Supply Planners
•Customer Team Inc. Customer Directors
•Demand Planning Team
•EUAU Plant Customer Service teams and logistics leads
•Regional Supply Team
•Central Business Unit Supply Chain leadership
•Regional external supply chain leadership
- Customer service availability
- Cost per case
- Holistic Margin Management
- Degree Caliber
- Proven experience (FMCG) – Supply Planning
- Team management experience
- Strong systems knowledge – computer literate with a strong analytical capability (Excel, SAP & APO experience preferred)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven project management skills.
Required: Work Attributes/Qualities
- Exceptional analytical skills; problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal & influencing skills with ability to constructively challenge.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Performance driven with a Continuous Improvement mind set.
- Proactive approach, working with minimum supervision.
- Collaborative approach to teamwork.