Production Platform Leader
- Oinofyta 320 11, Greece
General Mills is among the world’s leading food companies with the purpose of serving the world by Making Food People Love.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, with fiscal 2018 global net sales of US $15.7 billion, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We have a commitment to developing each employee's talents and skills for the benefit of the business and the person. We recruit people with the potential to succeed, and then help them realize that potential.
The Platform Leader provides safety and engaging leadership to achieve breakthrough results on a specific production system (4 lines). This role is also accountable for developing and delivering weekly, monthly and 90-day improvement plans. The Platform Leader is accountable for driving out losses using rigorous Continuous Improvement tools and developing the plan for the day and will have ownership of Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement systems and Planned Stops.
The Platform Leader owns ensuring the development of the operating teams’ technical and leadership capability. Most of the Platform Leader's day will be spent on the floor with the operating teams, building the capability of the people in their area. This position provides daily direction and coaching to the operating team to deliver breakthrough results and is ultimately accountable for the results of the production system.
The Platform Leader role reports to the Production Manager and is based at Inofita Plant, Greece.
- System Owner-Single point accountability for the platform results
- Leads the platform team leaders and a large group (50+) of operators and manual workers
- Owns Human and Food safety for the platform and action plans for improvement
- Provide ongoing performance feedback and coaching to platform team members
- Builds capability in operators, in order to identify, measure and drive out losses on their equipment
- Supports the developmental plan for the Platform team
- Owns identifying training gaps for the operators as well as developing and ensuring execution of training plan to address these gaps
- Leads daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reviews – including Recognition of team members
- Leads the development and execution of Plan for the Day – including development and hand-off of plan for off shifts
- Ensures health of production systems and processes
- Plans and implements Planned Stops
- Owns delivery of lines’ targeted results (including financials)
- University degree in Production, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in food industry
- Minimum 1 year of proven experience in a leading/supervisory role
- Demonstrated basic capability on at least one production system
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving / troubleshooting
- Αgility and teamwork spirit
- Fluent in Greek, advanced in English
- Post-graduate degree in Management or relevant field will be considered as advantage
What will you get from us?
Opportunity for career development in a leading multinational company
An employee-focused culture and a dynamic work environment
Continuous professional development and access to training resources
Benefits such as private healthcare, transportation and performance incentive
Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference all over the globe, all day long. There is tremendous opportunity here for creative thinkers who want to lead the industry through innovation, nourish the world with quality, and be part of something big.
If you are ready for a new challenge, please click “I'm interested” below!