Regional Finance Partner - Europe /Australia
- Uxbridge, UK
General Mills is among the world’s leading food companies with the mission of Nourishing Lives, through our brands, making our consumers’ lives healthier, easier and richer.
Headquartered in the United States in Minnesota, General Mills, with over $17.8 billion in net sales and more than 41,000 employees worldwide, is the fifth largest food company in the world, marketing a portfolio of dynamic and trusted consumer brands across a wide range of food categories, holding No.1 or No. 2 market positions in virtually every category in which they compete.
Some of our most known global and regional brands are Häagen-Dazs, Old El Paso, Green Giant, Nature Valley, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, in addition to strong local brands such as Knack & Back in Germany, Jus-Rol in the United Kingdom, and Latina in Australia/NZ.
The Europe/Australasia region is the largest business in the International Division and is headquartered in Switzerland. It has an impressive track record of growth and is the fastest growing food company in many of the markets in which it operates.
Named One of the Top 100 Companies To Work For by Fortune Magazine, General Mills is also a multi award winning employer across the globe, committed to talent development.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Yoplait , Old El Paso, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2018.
In a Regional Finance Partner role with General Mills, you’ll have the opportunity to lead, influence and shape regional strategy and business results while working on some of the world’s most popular brands.
This role partners heavily with cross functional business teams to provide strategic planning, financial insights and business analysis, as well as business and process optimization. Over the course of your career with General Mills you will have the opportunity to develop and gain cross-functional exposure by rotating through various areas of finance including business units, supply chain, sales and corporate finance. This role is part of an International Career Path that could include positions within our European Headquarters in Switzerland as well as positions in markets or plants located across Europe & Australia (EUAU).
- Regional Finance Partner, Meals & Baking Business Unit is responsible for supporting an operations valued at >$600MM Net Sales
- Reports to the EUAU Finance Manager for the Meals & Baking Business Unit
- Conduct business reviews with cross-functional partners to identify risks, opportunities, insights and action plans
- Support the EUAU Finance Manager in the annual strategic planning cycle (Long Range Planning & Fiscal Year Target Guidance)
· Support Creation of EUAU Brand Strategy (“Where to Play”, “How To Win” Choices)
- Share External & Competitive Analysis within the Business Unit
Financial Insights and Business Analysis
- Partner with regional and local teams to lead the financial evaluation of profitable growth initiatives (ie. Innovation and Renovation, Market and Channel Expansion, Strategic Revenue Management, Supply Chain Productivity and Capital Investments)
- Support forward-looking projections of business model sufficiency. Highlight opportunity areas and/or gaps and recommend actions to address.
- Summarize and Share Business Results, Key Drivers within the Business Unit
- Lead the cross-functional team in management, tracking, decision making, and governance related to central development spending
Business and Process Optimisation
- Partner with and influence cross-functional teams, markets and plants to develop recommendations that promote continuous improvements.
- Support Product Management (IBP) and Launch to Win (Stage/Gate) Processes
- Develop the Financial Acumen of Cross-Functional Partners
- EUAU Finance Manager for the Meals & Baking Business Unit
- Cross-Functional Business Unit (Marketing Managers, Sales, Supply Chain, ITQ, etc)
- Local Finance Teams (Brands, Planning & Analysis and Sales Finance)
- Regional Finance Partners (Planning & Analysis, Supply Chain, Sales Finance)
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting, business or related field required
- Finance Designations (CIMA, CPA, etc) a plus
- A track record of progressive career growth in Finance within a multinational company in the Global or Regional Headquarters or in a large Market
- Ability to influence and advise business partners on financial matters
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and results oriented
- Effective leadership and collaboration skills (Cross-functional, Markets, etc)
- Able to work well under time pressure and multitask
- Passionate, high integrity, team player, strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent PC skills: high-level competence with Excel spreadsheet applications, SAP, Business Warehouse; Financial modeling