Finance Partner - Brands
- Uxbridge, UK
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2018.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
- Development of brand annual plan and strategy & delivery across 3 key European markets (UK, Ireland & Germany) for the NEC
- Recommend & execute plan accelerators
- Endorse and implement portfolio optimisation
- Scrutinise in-year financial & budget management
- Exhibit essential communication skills and crucial financial insights – identifying areas to accelerate opportunities whilst mitigating risk profile
- Implement tracking, action & optimisation of budgets
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership and excellent business partnership skills for the strategy, planning & financial analysis as part of the brand team
- Use financial expertise, utilising a high level of professional judgement
- Collaborate on decisions and recommendations for the brand and channel strategies
- Manage the preparation & delivery of monthly brand results, accurate analysis of change and provide key and actionable commentary
- Develop and build robust, assumption-led delivery of annual plans
- Provide relevant and insightful analysis along with recommendations to the Brand Leadership Team to improve the quality of decisions and ensure the chosen business options deliver the highest financial value at an acceptable level of risk
- Guarantee marketing budget oversight & return on investment analysis
- Drive visibility on innovation & renovation item
- In partnership with the Market Strategy & Planning Manager, responsible for the preparation and presentation of the proposed monthly IBM brand forecast.
- Pro- active use (and development) of analytical techniques and models to influence business decision making.
- Brand/Customer/Channel special projects as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Qualified Accountant Professional and of graduate calibre; minimum 1 yr + post qualified
- Ability to credibly challenge and influence throughout a matrix environment.
- Effective prioritisation and organisation skills
- Clear, concise and influential communicator (both in writing and verbally
- Ability to engender trust throughout the organisation and GM international
- Previous experience within the Commercial sector and preferably the branded food or FMCG sector
- Good understanding of Information Systems (IS).
- Ability to critically review and improve business processes
- Proactive and results orientated
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Motivated to add value both within the Finance team and when dealing with the Sales and Marketing functions
- Personal fit with the Company’s culture; passionate, driven by quality and achieving results, high level of integrity, team player
- Eagerness to learn and progress
This role offers the opportunity to work within a challenging fast moving environment. The individual will be offered and expected to take on a high level of responsibility and will develop first class analytical support skills.