Regional Category Development (Manager/Sr. Manager) - Europe /Australia
- Uxbridge, UK
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Yoplait, Old El Paso, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2018.
Note: 1st assignment location-Nyon Switzerland, Headquarters
We are looking for a Manager or Senior Manager, depending on experience to take on a Regional Category Development role focus on accelerating profitable share growth for key brand(s) by developing and designing best-in-class category vison, growth drivers, and tactics for all Channels. The Manager or Senior Manager will be an active member of the Regional Business Unit (RBU); delivering profitable growth plans, designing and delivering 4 P’s plans for the business. They will lead the Category Alliance with the Market Category Managers to ensure that they champion our customers back to the RBU’s and ensure the RBU plans are executed with excellence.
Reporting to the Regional Category Development Director, the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Owner of Regional Category Vision
- Ensure plans address category drivers & all activation levers
- Overall POP vision framework & Fixture of the Future
- Shopper strategy input into shopper toolkit development
- Development of Regional Channel Strategy for portfolio
- Where to play – channel prioritization
- How to win - go to market requirements for product / place (physical channels) and channel vision
- Lead and recommend the portfolio & shelf strategy (strategic role of portfolio eg power sku, core, tail)
- Lead development of category selling stories for innovation and other initiatives and align with markets on Range review objectives.
- Update RBU on Range Review outcomes
- Lead the Category Alliance with the local Category team to ensure Customer/Channel needs and timelines are fed through to the RBU, the RBU plans are executed with excellence and best practice is shared and adopted.
- Influence the RBU on the design of Product and Commercial Innovations to ensure strong category and channel relevance and fit to long term portfolio strategy
- Liaise effectively with senior Managers across the organization (especially Marketing, Commercial and Finance) to ensure alignment of plans and actions.
- University degree in Business or related field
- Significant experience in Category Management & Sales experience with a leading FMCG company; mix of Headquarter and Local Market roles partnering with big retailers
- Senior management experience with a strong Sales background
- Key customer facing relationship management experience required
- Proven record of making a difference to customer performance through Category Management approach
- Vision and breadth of understanding of the overall business/commercial context and the role of Category Management
- Experience working with multi functional team/matrix environment
- Strong numerate and analytic skills with ability to probe numbers for trends, insights and opportunities, and translate into logical, concise and clear recommendations
- Financial experience of P&L
- Must have an innovative mindset
- Confident verbal presenter with strong influencing skills
- Natural collaborator, with strong leadership and people skills
- Demonstrated potential to develop and take on Top Executive role.
- Geographically mobile with an interest in an international career
At General Mills, our mission & our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills,please click the button to express your interest.