Regional Brand Manager - Yoplait
- Uxbridge, UK
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2018.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Operating within the context of the regional and local teams, the Regional Brand Manager (BM) will lead the overall marketing strategy & its implementation, focusing on base business as well as geographic expansion in line with the long term strategy of the business. The Brand Manager will work collaboratively with the local/regional stakeholders in market to ensure winning brand building implementation. The goal is to create long-term brand equity & profitability across country mix, requiring strong leadership skills to influence internally (cross-functional environment) and enable local execution while managing without authority (matrix- external partners).
Reporting to a Marketing Manager, the key responsibilities of the role include:
· Developing and leading the Regional Brand Strategy; align and inspire Regional and Local stakeholders behind the plan.
· Working closely with a cross functional team (matrix organization) to deliver the growth plan ambition and ensure business sustainability across markets.
· Developing & delivering Brand Guidelines and toolkits to enable best in class local market activation (Comms, media, shopper, digital, NPDs), including TV assets.
· Effectively managing different market maturity as well as driving geographic expansion across EUAU.
· Building & delivering winning 12 Quarter Pipeline of Innovation, Renovation and HMM initiatives to deliver against the Brand Growth ambition.
· Responsibility for regional marketing budget management.
- University degree in Marketing, Business or related field
- 4+ years of Consumer Marketing experience with leading FMCG or other related companies/industries
- Strong general manager and commercial acumen; proven results in delivering strong business outcomes
· Strong project management skills
· Both strategic and Activation, operational marketing experience preferred, in the context of a matrix, Regional/Local organization
- Proven track record on NPD success
- Strong stakeholder management and strategic influencing skills, ability to navigate ambiguity and align teams around one common goal
- Excellent cross-functional team leader; ability to persist in the face of adversity
- Proven track record in ATL/BTL as well as digital plan development.
- Creative thinker
- Real passion for food
General Mills Marketing Competencies:
Stewards Brands & Categories - builds and protects brands/categories by personally ensuring the clarity, alignment and effectiveness of brand/category strategies and tactics for consumers and the enterprise
Creates the New & Different to Unlock Growth - Drives consistent and sustainable brand/category growth through the relentless pursuit and support of smart innovation and value-added change.
Leads & Orchestrates - Achieves exceptional results by building cohesive teams and inspiring well-coordinated brand/category contributions across the matrix.
Sets Strategies & Makes Decisions - Maximizes long-term brand/category value through strategies, decisions and actions that create and leverage competitive differentiation and advantage across global regions and markets