Strategic Revenue Manager
- Uxbridge, UK
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2018.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
This role is responsible for the sales strategy and commercial planning for the brand. Specific areas of ownership will include pricing & promotional strategy, NPD commerciality, channel / account planning process, the leadership and facilitation of cross functional projects & teams.
This is a challenging role that requires outstanding leadership and influencing skills across a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
You will have experience in any of the following functions; Sales, Category, Finance and Marketing.
In a challenging UK market with an ever increasing focus on driving joint value creation this high profile role is becoming increasingly pivotal to our business success.
• Pricing strategy; development of brand pricing architecture, and manage defensible customer pricing
• Promotional strategy development; centered around robust commercial, consumer and category insight to deliver financial KPI’s for both GenMills and retail partners
• Mix Management; determine customer roles, track Compete brands vs targets, opportunity/ risk measures identified & action plans determined
• NPD commerciality; support marketing colleagues to commercialise innovation that is both retail and shopper ready
• Leadership of the Account Managers through the PEAK cycle and ownership of the GPS forum
• Commercial leadership of the Free From category across all CBUs
• SRM partner for Germany to develop and accelerate capabilities and integrated SRM plans
Qualifications / Work Experience / Technical Skills
- University degree
- At least 5 years FMCG, in retail or supplier is essential
- Fluent in english is essential
- Experience of delivering results through working in cross-functional teams
- Very strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong commercial and financial skills
- Strong category and insight skills
Core Sales Competencies Required:
- Strategic Business Planning
- Delivers Outstanding Results
- Customer & Category Expertise
- Problem Solving & Analytics
- Leads Innovation
- Impact and presence
- Drive and confidence, relishes challenges, robust out look
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and oral communication skills
- Results orientation – committed to delivering outstanding results
- Critical thinker / analytical
- Listens, understands & responds to customers’ needs
- Collaborative, participative team player
- Ambitious and proactive and willing to go the extra mile
- Entrepreneurial flair with strong creative ability