HR and Recruitment Apprentice 12 Months FTC
- Uxbridge, UK
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2018.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Join our Human Resources team at General Mills! An opportunity to learn what happens day to day within a fast paced FMCG environment with a fantastic culture. Working alongside a team of experienced colleagues that can develop your knowledge of the full employee lifecycle including recruitment, onboarding, talent management, learning and development, business partnering, compensation and benefits and much more!
The HR function is going through a period of transformation so there will be great opportunities to get involved and gain invaluable experience for your future career.
The role will largely involve supporting the Talent Acquisition Associate on the recruitment and selection process and on-boarding of new hires. There may be a number of other projects that you can support which will vary based on the volume of recruitment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Recruitment; hiring coordination, liaising with direct candidates, managers and 3rd parties. Support with the selection process including candidate assessments. Completion of offer packs.
- Systems; Use of our online recruitment tool and providing support for recruiting managers.
- On-boarding; Support with on-boarding administration and communication for new hires and their managers.
- Communication; Support the Talent Acquisition Associate and HRBP’s with social media and online promotion of the General Mills employer brand.
- Insights and recommendations; Support with key people metrics and establishing meaningful insights and recommendations for action with the Talent Acquisition Associate and HRBP’s
- Projects; Opportunity to get involved in adhoc projects planned for F19 including HR and Talent Acquisition Transformation
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum Basic level of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Project experience, able to plan effectively and deliver on time
- Adept communicator, professional maturity
- Ability to work with data to analyse, evaluate and identify themes / recommendations
- HR Management Studies or Business with an interest in HR
- Desire to be hands on and work in a fast-paced, consumer focused environment
- Fast learner and focus on continual self development
- A passion for challenging the status quo
- Able to work with ambiguity; flexibly minded to offer new ideas
- Ability to collaborate and influence others
- Demonstrates personal accountability for delivering
- Ability to energize people
- Cultural and values alignment