Transport - Capabilities
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2018 global net sales of US $15.7 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Lead a focused team to drive transport efficiency, compliance and high levels of Customer Service for the end-to-end Supply Chain. This role will undertake a pro-active stance on cost reduction delivery & significant capability improvement initiatives ensuring the seamless and efficient flow of goods from sourcing locations to both internal & customer DC. This role will work closely with the manufacturing team (specifically plant WH leads) and market Logistics to support plant/market operations whilst maintaining balanced triangle of costs, service and operations to ensure joint operational targets are met.
· Inbound/Primary Transport
• Capability lead for transport management system implementation and ongoing management.
• Plan & manage internal movements of finished goods including where relevant inbound material flows into in plant warehouses, planning & execution of loads to DC.
• Maximise cube & weight fill whilst identifying and implementing improvement initiatives through coordination of truck/container load analysis & realizing cost efficiencies.
• Support the development of efficient transport management processes and procedures.
• Engage with market & plant Logistics to ensure aligned priorities & integration.
• Maintain a balance between cost optimisation and high levels of service, using information on warehouse process, ship-to locations and transportation design together for full network understanding.
• Coordinate with drivers and 3PL teams to ensure that routes run smoothly, drive root cause analysis with a ‘fix for good’ mentality.
• Coordinate with warehouse managers and 3PL coordinators to ensure finished product is ready to ship and DCs can receive.
• Support the execution of regional/global transport tenders ensuring no business disruption.
• Logistics network planning experience (2 years+)
• Background in physical logistics (4-5 years+)
• Project management experience desired
• Experience in SAP and other IT systems used to manage and track transportation. TMS experience desired.
• Demonstrated understanding of import/export standards and operating procedures
• Interpersonal skills and understanding customer needs
• Ability to develop positive, trusting relationships across operational and commercial teams
Key Skills and Leadership Requirements
· Able to work across borders and cultures
· Function specific competencies:
o Broad Perspective
o Interpersonal Effectiveness
o Learning Agility
Delivers Outstanding Results:
o Delivers on short and long-term commitments
o Adds value with superior expertise
Energizes and Develops People:
o Inspires and leads others
o Collaborates across boundaries
o Develops people, organizations and self
o Values diversity
o Connects to the outside world
o Encourages innovation
o Engenders trust at all levels
o Demonstrates unquestionable integrity
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- Life Assurance
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym onsite – Go live June 2019
- 1st Class Training and Development
This is a very rewarding role for an experienced supply chain professional who wants to drive and be part of a an exciting change within a global organization.