Brand Marketing Internship (6-months)/International Development Program
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Are you a smart, savvy future Marketing Leader, looking for an international career with a leading FMCG Food Company? Are you able to quickly grasp business opportunities and solve problems, excited by a fast-paced global environment, able to communicate with clarity and lead/influence others across different geographies? This program, a career with General Mills is for you!
Possible Internship Locations Include: UK, starting June 1st, 2019
At General Mills, brand building is the focal point from which all decisions are made. Our internship program is a combination of projects with real business impact and day-to-day work that will allow you to make an immediate impact on our brands and help build our business worldwide. An internship could be the start of a rewarding international career in Brand Management with General Mills.
To maximize your learning and prepare you for increasing responsibility, we believe that you will benefit from different experiences across General Mills. We value employee development and are committed to promoting from within our next generation of senior executives. You may have an internship in brand management at the country or regional level. Your manager will share an assignment plan with you and will help you with day to day coaching and support.
- Develop a Brand Strategy: Analyze business and consumer trends, identify key issues facing your business and build and execute innovative marketing plans.
- Team Leadership: Lead cross-functional teams in the development and execution of marketing plan strategies – including advertising, product development, packaging, trade and consumer promotions, and business operation of your brand.
- Innovation: Identify new, innovative ideas to drive brand growth. Develop new product ideas and strategies. Create high-impact promotions, advertising, packaging, sales or operational innovation.
- Goal Setting and Financial Management: Set annual volume, profit and share objectives and manage your business to deliver them.
An internship with General Mills will provide you with a great opportunity to:
- Acquire a broad view of GMI to understand your career fit.
- Build marketing skills and competencies, including business analysis, creativity, teamwork and strategic leadership.
- Understand day-to-day functional responsibilities such as deliveries analysis & communications development.
- Develop strong working relationships within the marketing community and across functional groups.
- Receive professional development and training.
To qualify for an internship with General Mills, you must:
Be a University student interested and passionate about a career in Brand Management; Focus or specialization in Marketing a plus
Prior internship/work experience in Marketing, Consumer Research, Sales or related field plus
Demonstrate your leadership ability and team work
Be able to think creatively with strategic insight
Have excellent communication skills
Be fluent in English (other languages French, Spanish) a plus
Be eligible to do an internship for 6-months (Gap year or Master 2 students)
Able to obtain a work permit for the internship, plus a potential full-time placement in (Switzerland, UK, France or Australia) after graduation
Be prepared for an international career, starting from your internship!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Please apply by December 31st 2018 for consideration.