- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2018 global net sales of US $15.7 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Manges and executes imports of products across EUAU. Prepare paperwork for imports and ensure seamless data flows to carriers/forwarders. Communicate with relevant authorities and leverage understanding of import laws to make sure that imports are compliant with regulations
• Co-ordinate all relevant import documentation; working with in plant Customs Administration role to ensure DIFOT targets are met.
• Ensure seamless flow of documentation & duty facilitation to carriers & forwarders.
• Support Global Trade team in auditing accuracy of declarations through partners.
• Report into Transport Hub Lead to provide updates on import volumes, risks and issues.
• Define import policies and compliance. Ensure adequate record keeping compliance.
• Working with Global Trade team, maintains knowledge of import regulations, apply this to import management.
• Communicate with import related authorities and Global Trade Team to make sure there is compliance with local territory practices.
• Actively pursue improvements – cost, quality, and service – for the import documentation process, by exploring every opportunity available from changes in legislation, technology, and regulation.
• Knowledge and understanding of import regulations
• Experience in international trade and land and sea logistics
• Logistics experience (2 years+)
• Data management including Management and storage of documentation
• Experience in SAP and other relevant IT systems used to manage and track exports movements
• Interpersonal skills and understanding customer needs
• Ability to develop positive, trusting relationships across operational and commercial teams
Key Skills and Leadership Requirements
· Able to work across borders and cultures
· Function specific competencies:
o Broad Perspective
o Interpersonal Effectiveness
o Learning Agility
· Delivers Outstanding Results:
o Delivers on short and long-term commitments
o Adds value with superior expertise
· Energizes and Develops People:
o Inspires and motivates others
o Collaborates across boundaries
o Develops people, organizations and self
o Values diversity
· Leads Innovation:
o Connects to the outside world
o Encourages innovation
o Engenders trust at all levels
o Demonstrates unquestionable integrity