Senior EDI Analyst
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2018 global net sales of US $15.7 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Senior EDI Analyst in the General Mills Enterprise Integration team delivering world-class Business to Business (B2B) and Application to Application (A2A) integration solutions.
Work in a dynamic environment with a group of talented professionals to enable the exchange of business documents with a variety of trading partners (customers, suppliers, warehouses, etc.), providing electronic data transfer capabilities to automate and tightly integrate key business processes that extend beyond the walls of our organization.
Provide leadership and direction on EDI, XML, and flat file document roll-outs for internal and external General Mills partners. Support daily transaction processing operations, identify opportunities, analyze issues, design solutions and integrate best practices across functional areas. Participate in projects that deliver new, expanded, or enhanced EDI and other application integration capabilities to General Mills and our partners.
· Work directly with business analysts and external partners to consult, gather and analyze integration requirements, and build data transformation (mapping) specifications
· Recommend, design, test, and implement integration solutions, including appropriate set-up in SAP and webMethods
· Perform data transformation (mapping) from source format to destination format, using webMethods
· Use SAP and webMethods to support daily B2B/A2A transaction processing, collaborating closely with business analysts and webMethods platform teams
· Work with business analysts to prioritize work and escalate partner issues. Raise key risks to project timelines, as well as options to mitigate. Anticipate potential impacts of system or project issues, taking appropriate action to resolve
· Build work plans for small size projects or pieces of larger projects; regularly report project status to management and business partners
· Build an understanding of data, source systems and business processes within multiple functional areas
· Identify and implement solutions to eliminate recurring issues
· Graduate or graduate caliber
· 5+ years related experience
· Understanding of EDI standards and experience with EDI, XML, and Flat File integration
· Functional business knowledge and process experience in Demand Chain or Supply Chain area
· Experience working in SAP with a working knowledge of SAP transactions and IDOCS
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, focused on root cause analysis and continuous improvement
· Experience with data transformation (mapping) within webMethods
· Experience working in or with virtual teams
· Exposure to an International business environment
· Fluent in a second language